Dynastic Precautionary Savings
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Serdar Ozkan & Jae Song & Fatih Karahan & Fatih Guvenen, 2013. "What Do Data on Millions of U.S. Workers Say About Labor Income Risk?," 2013 Meeting Papers 1271, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Lee M. Lockwood, 2018.
"Incidental Bequests and the Choice to Self-Insure Late-Life Risks,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 108(9), pages 2513-2550, September.
- Lee M. Lockwood, 2014. "Incidental Bequests and the Choice to Self-Insure Late-Life Risks," NBER Working Papers 20745, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mariacristina De Nardi & Eric French & John B. Jones, 2010.
"Why Do the Elderly Save? The Role of Medical Expenses,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 118(1), pages 39-75, February.
- Mariacristina De Nardi & Eric French & John Bailey Jones, 2009. "Why do the Elderly Save? The Role of Medical Expenses," NBER Working Papers 15149, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mariacristina De Nardi & Eric French & John Bailey Jones, 2009. "Why do the elderly save? the role of medical expenses," Working Paper Series WP-09-02, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Barro, Robert J, 1974. "Are Government Bonds Net Wealth?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1095-1117, Nov.-Dec..
- Wojciech Kopczuk & Joseph P. Lupton, 2007.
"To Leave or Not to Leave: The Distribution of Bequest Motives,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 74(1), pages 207-235.
- Wojciech Kopczuk & Joseph P. Lupton, 2004. "To leave or not to leave: the distribution of bequest motives," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2004-33, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Wojciech Kopczuk & Joseph Lupton, 2005. "To Leave or Not To Leave: The Distribution of Bequest Motives," NBER Working Papers 11767, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daniel Barczyk & Matthias Kredler, 2014. "Altruistically motivated transfers under uncertainty," Quantitative Economics, Econometric Society, vol. 5(3), pages 705-749, November.
- Karen A. Kopecky & Tatyana Koreshkova, 2014. "The Impact of Medical and Nursing Home Expenses on Savings," American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 6(3), pages 29-72, July.
- Cagetti, Marco, 2003. "Wealth Accumulation over the Life Cycle and Precautionary Savings," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 21(3), pages 339-353, July.
- Mi Luo & Matthew Shapiro & Joseph Briggs & Chris Tonetti & Andrew Caplin & John Ameriks, 2016. "Inter-generational transfers and precautionary saving," 2016 Meeting Papers 1616, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Javier Diaz-Gimenez & Andrew Glover & Jose-Victor Rios-Rull, 2011. "Facts on the distributions of earnings, income, and wealth in the United States: 2007 update," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Fatih Karahan & Serdar Ozkan, 2013.
"On the Persistence of Income Shocks over the Life Cycle: Evidence, Theory, and Implications,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 16(3), pages 452-476, July.
- Fatih Karahan & Serdar Ozkan, 2012. "Code and data files for "On the Persistence of Income Shocks over the Life Cycle: Evidence, Theory, and Implications"," Computer Codes 10-74, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Patricia Andreski & Geng Li & Mehmet Zahid Samancioglu & Robert Schoeni, 2014. "Estimates of Annual Consumption Expenditures and Its Major Components in the PSID in Comparison to the CE," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 104(5), pages 132-135, May.
- Lee Lockwood, 2012.
"Bequest Motives and the Annuity Puzzle,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 15(2), pages 226-243, April.
- Lee Lockwood, 2011. "Code files for "Bequest Motives and the Annuity Puzzle"," Computer Codes 10-110, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Strawczynski, Michael, 1994. "Government intervention as a bequest substitute," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 477-495, March.
- Skinner, Jonathan, 1987. "A superior measure of consumption from the panel study of income dynamics," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 213-216.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-DGE-2017-08-06 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:red:sed017:343. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sedddea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.