Dynastic Precautionary Savings
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Serdar Ozkan & Jae Song & Fatih Karahan & Fatih Guvenen, 2013. "What Do Data on Millions of U.S. Workers Say About Labor Income Risk?," 2013 Meeting Papers 1271, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Mariacristina De Nardi & Eric French & John B. Jones, 2010.
"Why Do the Elderly Save? The Role of Medical Expenses,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 118(1), pages 39-75, February.
- Mariacristina De Nardi & Eric French & John Bailey Jones, 2009. "Why do the Elderly Save? The Role of Medical Expenses," NBER Working Papers 15149, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mariacristina De Nardi & Eric French & John Bailey Jones, 2009. "Why do the elderly save? the role of medical expenses," Working Paper Series WP-09-02, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Lee M. Lockwood, 2014. "Incidental Bequests and the Choice to Self-Insure Late-Life Risks," NBER Working Papers 20745, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, Robert J, 1974. "Are Government Bonds Net Wealth?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1095-1117, Nov.-Dec..
- Daniel Barczyk & Matthias Kredler, 2014. "Altruistically motivated transfers under uncertainty," Quantitative Economics, Econometric Society, vol. 5(3), pages 705-749, November.
- Cagetti, Marco, 2003. "Wealth Accumulation over the Life Cycle and Precautionary Savings," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 21(3), pages 339-353, July.
- Mi Luo & Matthew Shapiro & Joseph Briggs & Chris Tonetti & Andrew Caplin & John Ameriks, 2016. "Inter-generational transfers and precautionary saving," 2016 Meeting Papers 1616, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Fatih Karahan & Serdar Ozkan, 2013.
"On the Persistence of Income Shocks over the Life Cycle: Evidence, Theory, and Implications,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 16(3), pages 452-476, July.
- Fatih Karahan & Serdar Ozkan, 2012. "Code and data files for "On the Persistence of Income Shocks over the Life Cycle: Evidence, Theory, and Implications"," Computer Codes 10-74, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Patricia Andreski & Geng Li & Mehmet Zahid Samancioglu & Robert Schoeni, 2014. "Estimates of Annual Consumption Expenditures and Its Major Components in the PSID in Comparison to the CE," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 104(5), pages 132-135, May.
- Lee Lockwood, 2012.
"Bequest Motives and the Annuity Puzzle,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 15(2), pages 226-243, April.
- Lee Lockwood, 2011. "Code files for "Bequest Motives and the Annuity Puzzle"," Computer Codes 10-110, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Strawczynski, Michael, 1994. "Government intervention as a bequest substitute," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 477-495, March.
- Skinner, Jonathan, 1987. "A superior measure of consumption from the panel study of income dynamics," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 213-216.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:red:sed017:343. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sedddea.html .