Incidental Bequests and the Choice to Self-Insure Late-Life Risks
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Goda, Gopi Shah, 2011.
"The impact of state tax subsidies for private long-term care insurance on coverage and Medicaid expenditures,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 95(7-8), pages 744-757, August.
- Goda, Gopi Shah, 2011. "The impact of state tax subsidies for private long-term care insurance on coverage and Medicaid expenditures," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(7), pages 744-757.
- Gopi Shah Goda, 2010. "The Impact of State Tax Subsidies for Private Long-Term Care Insurance on Coverage and Medicaid Expenditures," NBER Working Papers 16406, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wojciech Kopczuk & Joseph P. Lupton, 2007.
"To Leave or Not to Leave: The Distribution of Bequest Motives,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 74(1), pages 207-235.
- Wojciech Kopczuk & Joseph P. Lupton, 2004. "To leave or not to leave: the distribution of bequest motives," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2004-33, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Wojciech Kopczuk & Joseph Lupton, 2005. "To Leave or Not To Leave: The Distribution of Bequest Motives," NBER Working Papers 11767, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Susann Rohwedder & Steven J. Haider & Michael D. Hurd, 2006.
"INCREASES IN WEALTH AMONG THE ELDERLY IN THE EARLY 1990s: HOW MUCH IS DUE TO SURVEY DESIGN?,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 52(4), pages 509-524, December.
- Susann Rohwedder & Steven J. Haider & Michael Hurd, 2004. "Increases in Wealth among the Elderly in the Early 1990s: How Much is Due to Survey Design?," NBER Working Papers 10862, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Susann Rohwedder & Steven Haider & Michael D. Hurd, 2004. "Increases in Wealth among the Elderly in the Early 1990s How Much is Due to Survey Design?," Working Papers WR-195, RAND Corporation.
- Nathaniel Hendren, 2013. "Private Information and Insurance Rejections," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 81(5), pages 1713-1762, September.
- Sloan, Frank A & Norton, Edward C, 1997. "Adverse Selection, Bequests, Crowding Out, and Private Demand for Insurance: Evidence from the Long-Term Care Insurance Market," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 201-219, December.
- Lusardi, Annamaria & Mitchell, Olivia S., 2007.
"Baby Boomer retirement security: The roles of planning, financial literacy, and housing wealth,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 205-224, January.
- Annamaria Lusardi & Olivia S. Mitchell, 2006. "Baby Boomer Retirement Security: The Roles of Planning, Financial Literacy, and Housing Wealth," CeRP Working Papers 54, Center for Research on Pensions and Welfare Policies, Turin (Italy).
- Annamaria Lusardi & Olivia S. Mitchell, 2006. "Baby Boomer Retirement Security: The Roles of Planning, Financial Literacy, and Housing Wealth," Working Papers wp114, University of Michigan, Michigan Retirement Research Center.
- Annamaria Lusardi & Olivia S. Mitchell, 2006. "Baby Boomer Retirement Security: the Roles of Planning, Financial Literacy, and Housing Wealth," NBER Working Papers 12585, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lusardi, Annamaria & Mitchell, Olivia S., 2006. "Baby boomer retirement security: The roles of planning, financial literacy, and Housing wealth," CFS Working Paper Series 2006/20, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Cagetti, Marco, 2003. "Wealth Accumulation over the Life Cycle and Precautionary Savings," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 21(3), pages 339-353, July.
- Ettner, Susan L, 1994. "The Effect of the Medicaid Home Care Benefit on Long-Term Care Choices of the Elderly," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 32(1), pages 103-127, January.
- Jeffrey R. Brown & Amy Finkelstein, 2009. "The Private Market for Long-Term Care Insurance in the United States: A Review of the Evidence," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 76(1), pages 5-29.
- John Karl Scholz & Ananth Seshadri & Surachai Khitatrakun, 2006. "Are Americans Saving "Optimally" for Retirement?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 114(4), pages 607-643, August.
- John Ameriks & Andrew Caplin & Steven Laufer & Stijn Van Nieuwerburgh, 2011. "The Joy of Giving or Assisted Living? Using Strategic Surveys to Separate Public Care Aversion from Bequest Motives," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 66(2), pages 519-561, April.
- Lee Lockwood, 2012.
"Bequest Motives and the Annuity Puzzle,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 15(2), pages 226-243, April.
- Lee Lockwood, 2011. "Code files for "Bequest Motives and the Annuity Puzzle"," Computer Codes 10-110, Review of Economic Dynamics.
More about this item
- D91 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Role and Effects of Psychological, Emotional, Social, and Cognitive Factors on Decision Making
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2015-01-03 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2015-01-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-ALL-2015-01-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-2015-01-03 (Health Economics)
- NEP-IAS-2015-01-03 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2015-01-03 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:20745. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.