Entrepreneurship and Endogenous Volatility
In this paper we document the relationship between idiosyncratic risk and non productive expenditures at the rm level from the Kauman Firm Survey. We then propose a model of entrepreneurial activity subject to nancial constraints where rms engage in borrowing to nance capital and wages, but also non productive expenses such as brand development, R&D, management consulting, marketing, etc. We allow for the non productive expenditures to aect the spread of the distribution from which shocks are drawn.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Society for Economic Dynamics Marina Azzimonti Department of Economics Stonybrook University 10 Nicolls Road Stonybrook NY 11790 USA|
Web page: http://www.EconomicDynamics.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- CASTRO, Rui & CLEMENTI, Gian Luca & LEE, Yoonsoo, 2010.
"Cross-Sectoral Variation in Firm-Level Idiosyncratic Risk,"
Cahiers de recherche
15-2010, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Rui Castro & Gian Luca Clementi & Yoonsoo Lee, 2008. "Cross-sectoral variation in firm-level idiosyncratic risk," Working Paper 0812, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Rui Castro & Gian Luca Clementi & Yoonsoo Lee, 2010. "Cross–Sectoral Variation in Firm–Level Idiosyncratic Risk," Working Paper Series 28_10, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Rui Castro & Gian Luca Clementi & Yoonsoo Lee, 2010. "Cross-Sectoral Variation in Firm-Level Idiosyncratic Risk," Working Papers 10-18, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- CASTRO, Rui & CLEMENTI, Gian Luca & LEE, Yoonsoo, 2010. "Cross–Sectoral Variation in Firm–Level Idiosyncratic Risk," Cahiers de recherche 2010-07, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- John Haltiwanger & Ron S. Jarmin & Javier Miranda, 2010.
"Who Creates Jobs? Small vs. Large vs. Young,"
10-17, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:red:sed011:901. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.