International Comparisons of Work Disability
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Banks, J. & Kapteyn, A. & Smith, J.P. & van Soest, A.H.O., 2004. "International Comparisons of Work Disability," Discussion Paper 2004-36, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Banks, James & Kapteyn, Arie & Smith, James P. & van Soest, Arthur, 2004. "International Comparisons of Work Disability," IZA Discussion Papers 1118, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:97:y:2003:i:04:p:567-583_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bound, John & Burkhauser, Richard V., 1999. "Economic analysis of transfer programs targeted on people with disabilities," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 51, pages 3417-3528 Elsevier.
- Brent Kreider, 1999. "Latent Work Disability and Reporting Bias," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 34(4), pages 734-769.
- John Bound, 1991. "Self-Reported Versus Objective Measures of Health in Retirement Models," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 26(1), pages 106-138.
- Lee, Lung-Fei, 1983. "Generalized Econometric Models with Selectivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(2), pages 507-512, March.
- Currie, Janet & Madrian, Brigitte C., 1999. "Health, health insurance and the labor market," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 50, pages 3309-3416 Elsevier.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:98:y:2004:i:01:p:191-207_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- David H. Autor & Mark G. Duggan, 2003. "The Rise in the Disability Rolls and the Decline in Unemployment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 118(1), pages 157-206.
- Richard Burkhauser & Mary Daly & Andrew Houtenville & Nigar Nargis, 2002.
"Self-reported work-limitation data: What they can and cannot tell US,"
Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 39(3), pages 541-555, August.
- Richard V. Burkhauser & Mary C. Daly & Andrew J. Houtenville & Nigar Nargis, 2002. "Self-reported work limitation data: what they can and cannot tell us," Working Paper Series 2002-22, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- repec:eee:labchp:v:3:y:1999:i:pc:p:3417-3528 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ágota Scharle & Balázs Váradi, 2013. "Identifying barriers to institutional change in disability services," WWWforEurope Working Papers series 41, WWWforEurope.
- David Begg & Stephany Griffith-Jones, 1998. "Swinging since the 60's: Fluctuations in UK Saving and Lessons for Latin America," Research Department Publications 3032, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Arie Kapteyn & James P. Smith & Arthur van Soest & James Banks, 2010.
"Labor Market Status and Transitions during the Pre-Retirement Years: Learning from International Differences,"
NBER Chapters,in: Research Findings in the Economics of Aging, pages 63-92
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arie Kapteyn & James P. Smith & Arthur van Soest & James Banks, 2007. "Labor Market Status and Transitions during the Pre-Retirement Years: Learning from International Differences," NBER Working Papers 13536, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arie Kapteyn & James Smith & Arthur van Soest & James Banks, 2007. "Labor Market Status and Transitions During the Pre-Retirement Years: Learning from International Differences," Working Papers wp149, University of Michigan, Michigan Retirement Research Center.
- Arie Kapteyn & James P. Smith & Arthur Van Soest & James Banks, 2007. "Labor Market Status and Transitions during the Pre-Retirement Years Learning from International Differences," Working Papers WR-536, RAND Corporation.
- Sule Alan & Kadir Atalay & Thomas F. Crossley, 2008.
"The Adequacy of Retirement Savings: Subjective Survey Reports by Retired Canadians,"
Canadian Public Policy,
University of Toronto Press, vol. 34(s1), pages 95-118, November.
- Sule Alan & Kadir Atalay & Thomas F. Crossley, 2007. "The Adequacy of Retirement Savings: Subjective Survey Reports by Retired Canadians," Social and Economic Dimensions of an Aging Population Research Papers 199, McMaster University.
- Sule Alan & Kadir Atalay & Thomas F. Crossley, 2007. "The Adequacy of Retirement Savings: Subjective Survey Reports by Retired Canadians," Quantitative Studies in Economics and Population Research Reports 418, McMaster University.
- John Bishop & K. Chow & John Formby & Chih-Chin Ho, 1997. "Did Tax Reform Reduce Actual US Progressivity? Evidence from the Taxpayer Compliance Measurement Program," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 4(2), pages 177-197, May.
- Jones, Melanie K. & Latreille, Paul L. & Sloane, Peter J., 2007. "Disability and Work: A Review of the British Evidence," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 25, pages 473-498, Abril.
- Richard Blundell, 1995. "Tax policy reform: why we need microeconomics," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 16(3), pages 106-125, January.
- Garry F. Barrett & Stephen G. Donald & Debopam Bhattacharya, 2014.
"Consistent Nonparametric Tests for Lorenz Dominance,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(1), pages 1-13, January.
- Stephen G. Donald & Garry F. Barrett, 2004. "Consistent Nonparametric Tests for Lorenz Dominance," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 321, Econometric Society.
- Börsch-Supan, Axel, 2007. "Work disability, health, and incentive effects," Papers 07-23, Sonderforschungsbreich 504.
- Oliver Röhn Rigmar Osterkamp, 2005. "Being on Sick Leave – Possible Explanations for Differences of Sick-leave Days Across Countries Privatization," ifo Working Paper Series 19, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Daniel McFadden & Albert Bemmaor & Francis Caro & Jeff Dominitz & Byung-Hill Jun & Arthur Lewbel & Rosa Matzkin & Francesca Molinari & Norbert Schwarz & Robert Willis & Joachim Winter, 2005.
"Statistical Analysis of Choice Experiments and Surveys,"
Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 183-196, December.
- McFadden, Daniel L. & Bemmaor, Albert C. & Caro, Francis G. & Dominitz, Jeff & Jun, Byung-hill & Lewbel, Arthur & Matzkin, Rosa L. & Molinari, Francesca & Schwarz, Norbert & Willis, Robert J. & Winter, 2005. "Statistical analysis of choice experiments and surveys," Munich Reprints in Economics 19251, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Échevin, Damien, 2009. "Employment and Education Discrimination against Disabled Persons in Cape Verde," MPRA Paper 19497, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Axel Börsch-Supan, 2010. "Work Disability: The Effects of Demography, Health, and Disability Insurance," NBER Chapters,in: Research Findings in the Economics of Aging, pages 37-58 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Axel BÃ¶rsch-Supan, 2007. "Work Disability, Health, and Incentive Effects," MEA discussion paper series 07135, Munich Center for the Economics of Aging (MEA) at the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy.
More about this item
Keywordswork limiting disability; vignettes; reporting bias; justification bias;
- J28 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Safety; Job Satisfaction; Related Public Policy
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
- C81 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Microeconomic Data; Data Access
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ran:wpaper:wr-155. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benson Wong). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lpranus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.