Research Funding of Australian Universities: Are There Increasing Concentration?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Simon Marginson, 2001. "Trends in the Funding of Australian Higher Education," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 34(2), pages 205-215.
- Abbott, M. & Doucouliagos, C., 2003. "The efficiency of Australian universities: a data envelopment analysis," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 89-97, February.
- Ross Williams, 2016. "Evaluating the Contribution of Higher Education to Australia's Research Performance," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 49(2), pages 174-183, February.
- Simon Ville & Abbas Valadkhani & Martin O’Brien, 2006. "The Distribution Of Research Performance Across Australian Universities, 1992–2003, And Its Implications For ‘Building Diversity’," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(4), pages 343-361, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Horne, Jocelyn & Hu, Baiding, 2008.
"Estimation of cost efficiency of Australian universities,"
Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 266-275.
- Jocelyn Horne & Baiding Hu, 2005. "Estimation of Cost Efficiency of Australian Universities," Research Papers 0502, Macquarie University, Department of Economics.
- Dapeng Huang & Renhe Zhang & Zhiguo Huo & Fei Mao & Youhao E & Wei Zheng, 2012. "An assessment of multidimensional flood vulnerability at the provincial scale in China based on the DEA method," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 64(2), pages 1575-1586, November.
- Alexandr Gedranovich & Mykhaylo Salnykov, 2012. "Productivity analysis of Belarusian higher education system," BEROC Working Paper Series 16, Belarusian Economic Research and Outreach Center (BEROC).
- David L. Anderson & John Tressler, 2009. "The Excellence in Research for Australia Scheme: An Evaluation of the Draft Journal Weights for Economics," Working Papers in Economics 09/07, University of Waikato.
- Daraio, Cinzia & Bonaccorsi, Andrea & Simar, Léopold, 2015.
"Rankings and university performance: A conditional multidimensional approach,"
European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 244(3), pages 918-930.
- Daraio, Cinzia & Bonaccorsi, Andrea & Simar, Leopold, 2014. "Rankings and university performance: a conditional multidimensional approach," LIDAM Discussion Papers ISBA 2014025, Université catholique de Louvain, Institute of Statistics, Biostatistics and Actuarial Sciences (ISBA).
- Daraio, Cinzia & Bonaccorsi, Andrea & Simar, Leopold, 2015. "Rankings and university performance: A conditional multidimensional approach," LIDAM Reprints ISBA 2015009, Université catholique de Louvain, Institute of Statistics, Biostatistics and Actuarial Sciences (ISBA).
- Cinzia Daraio & Andrea Bonaccorsi & Leopold Simar, 2014. "Rankings and university performance: a conditional multidimensional approach," DIAG Technical Reports 2014-09, Department of Computer, Control and Management Engineering, Universita' degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza".
- Johnes, Jill & Yu, Li, 2008.
"Measuring the research performance of Chinese higher education institutions using data envelopment analysis,"
China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 679-696, December.
- J Johnes & L Yu, 2006. "Measuring the research performance of Chinese higher education institutions using data envelopment analysis," Working Papers 577428, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Valadkhani, Abbas & Ville, Simon, 2008. "Identifying the Most Research Intensive Faculties of Business in Australia: A Multidimensional Approach," Economics Working Papers wp08-03, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Mario Coccia & Greta Falavigna & Alessandro Manello, 2015. "The impact of hybrid public and market-oriented financing mechanisms on the scientific portfolio and performances of public research labs: a scientometric analysis," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 102(1), pages 151-168, January.
- Xianmei Wang & Hanhui Hu, 2017. "Sustainability in Chinese Higher Educational Institutions’ Social Science Research: A Performance Interface toward Efficiency," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(11), pages 1-18, October.
- Richard Heaney & Terry Evans & Peter Macauley & Margot Pearson, 2013. "The impact of Australian higher education policy changes on the production of PhDs in the field of accounting and finance," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 53(3), pages 691-710, September.
- Ray, Subhash C. & Jeon, Yongil, 2008.
"Reputation and efficiency: A non-parametric assessment of America's top-rated MBA programs,"
European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 189(1), pages 245-268, August.
- Subhash C. Ray & Yongil Jeon, 2003. "Reputation and Efficiency: A Nonparametric Assessment of America's Top-Rated MBA Programs," Working papers 2003-13, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- José Manuel Pastor & Lorenzo Serrano, 2016. "The determinants of the research output of universities: specialization, quality and inefficiencies," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 109(2), pages 1255-1281, November.
- Cristian Barra & Roberto Zotti, 2016. "Measuring Efficiency in Higher Education: An Empirical Study Using a Bootstrapped Data Envelopment Analysis," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 22(1), pages 11-33, February.
- Gerhard Kempkes & Carsten Pohl, 2010.
"The efficiency of German universities-some evidence from nonparametric and parametric methods,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(16), pages 2063-2079.
- Kempkes, Gerhard & Pohl, Carsten, 2006. "The Efficiency of German Universities Some Evidence from Non-Parametric and Parametric Methods," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 08/06, Technische Universität Dresden, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- Gerhard Kempkes & Carsten Pohl, 2006. "The Efficiency of German Universities – Some Evidence from Non-Parametric and Parametric Methods," ifo Working Paper Series 36, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Richard B. Freeman, 2006.
"Learning from Other Economies: The Unique Institutional and Policy Experiments Down Under,"
The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 82(257), pages 195-206, June.
- Richard B. Freeman, 2006. "Learning from Other Economies: The Unique Institutional and Policy Experiments Down Under," NBER Working Papers 12116, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- George E. Halkos & Nickolaos G. Tzeremes & Stavros A. Kourtzidis, 2010. "An application of statistical interference in DEA models: An analysis of public owned university departments' efficiency," EERI Research Paper Series EERI_RP_2010_17, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Zhang, Daqun & Banker, Rajiv D. & Li, Xiaoxuan & Liu, Wenbin, 2011. "Performance impact of research policy at the Chinese Academy of Sciences," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 875-885, July.
- Rosa Puertas & Luisa Marti, 2019. "Sustainability in Universities: DEA-GreenMetric," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(14), pages 1-17, July.
- Kong, Wei-Hsin & Fu, Tsu-Tan, 2012. "Assessing the performance of business colleges in Taiwan using data envelopment analysis and student based value-added performance indicators," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 541-549.
- Zhang, Ganggang & Wu, Jie & Zhu, Qingyuan, 2020. "Performance evaluation and enrollment quota allocation for higher education institutions in China," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 81(C).
More about this item
KeywordsResearch funding; ARC; NHMRC;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EDU-2017-01-29 (Education)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qld:uq2004:578. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (SOE IT). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/decuqau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.