Productivity analysis of Belarusian higher education system
In this paper we explore the issue of the measurement of productivity in the context of higher education. We suggest applying data envelopment analysis (DEA) to estimate the productivity scores for universities of Belarus. This assessment will help to find out (a) if it possible to construct alternative tier-based ratings using DEA and peeling procedure; (b) what determines the difference in productivity between public and private universities; (c) what policy should be undertaken in order to improve the performance of universities.
|Date of creation:||Jul 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.beroc.by|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jean-Charles Billaut & Denis Bouyssou & Philippe Vincke, 2010. "Should you believe in the Shanghai ranking?," Post-Print hal-00388319, HAL.
- Cook, Wade D. & Seiford, Larry M., 2009. "Data envelopment analysis (DEA) - Thirty years on," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 192(1), pages 1-17, January.
- Johnes, Jill, 2006. "Data envelopment analysis and its application to the measurement of efficiency in higher education," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 273-288, June.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Léopold Simar & Paul Wilson, 2000.
"Statistical Inference in Nonparametric Frontier Models: The State of the Art,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 49-78, January.
- Simar, L. & Wilson, P.W., 1999. "Statistical Inference in Nonparametric Frontier Models: the State of the Art," Papers 9904, Catholique de Louvain - Institut de statistique.
- Abbott, M. & Doucouliagos, C., 2003. "The efficiency of Australian universities: a data envelopment analysis," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 89-97, February.
- Per Andersen & Niels Christian Petersen, 1993. "A Procedure for Ranking Efficient Units in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(10), pages 1261-1264, October.
- Wilson, Paul W, 1993. "Detecting Outliers in Deterministic Nonparametric Frontier Models with Multiple Outputs," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 11(3), pages 319-23, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bel:wpaper:16. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Svetlana Yakubovskaya)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.