The Opportunity Cost of Electricity Outages and Privatization of Substations in Nepal
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael Beenstock & Ephraim Goldin & Yoel Haitovsky, 1997. "The Cost of Power Outages in the Business and Public Sectors in Israel: Revealed Preference vs. Subjective Valuation," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 39-61.
- Benjamin Bental & S. Abraham Ravid, 1982. "A Simple Method for Evaluating the Marginal Cost of Unsupplied Electricity," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 13(1), pages 249-253, Spring.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fisher-Vanden, Karen & Mansur, Erin T. & Wang, Qiong (Juliana), 2015. "Electricity shortages and firm productivity: Evidence from China's industrial firms," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 172-188.
- Azam Chaudhry, 2010. "A Panel Data Analysis of Electricity Demand in Pakistan," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 15(Special E), pages 75-106, September.
- Karen Fisher-Vanden & Erin T. Mansur & Qiong (Juliana) Wang, 2012. "Costly Blackouts? Measuring Productivity and Environmental Effects of Electricity Shortages," NBER Working Papers 17741, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lassana Cissokho, 2015. "Power Outages and the Productivity of Small and Medium Enterprises: the role of Formality," EcoMod2015 8239, EcoMod.
More about this item
Keywordselectricity supply; reliability; opportunity costs; privatization;
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
- Q41 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Demand and Supply; Prices
- Q48 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Government Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-05-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2006-05-20 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-ENE-2006-05-20 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-PBE-2006-05-20 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qed:wpaper:1066. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Babcock). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/qedquca.html .