When do firms generate? Evidence on in-house electricity supply in Africa
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Foster, Vivien & Steinbuks, Jevgenijs, 2009. "Paying the price for unreliable power supplies : in-house generation of electricity by firms in Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4913, The World Bank.
- Douglas W. Caves & Joseph A. Herriges & Robert J. Windle, 1992. "The Cost of Electric Power Interruptions in the Industrial Sector: Estimates Derived from Interruptible Service Programs," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 68(1), pages 49-61.
- Kessides, C., 1993. "The Contributions of Infrastructure to Economic Development, A review of Experience and Policy Implications," World Bank - Discussion Papers 213, World Bank.
- Michael Beenstock & Ephraim Goldin & Yoel Haitovsky, 1997. "The Cost of Power Outages in the Business and Public Sectors in Israel: Revealed Preference vs. Subjective Valuation," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 39-61.
- Benjamin Bental & S. Abraham Ravid, 1982. "A Simple Method for Evaluating the Marginal Cost of Unsupplied Electricity," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 13(1), pages 249-253, Spring.
- Karekezi, Stephen & Kimani, John, 2002. "Status of power sector reform in Africa: impact on the poor," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(11-12), pages 923-945, September.
- Reinikka, Ritva & Svensson, Jakob, 2002. "Coping with poor public capital," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 51-69, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Antonio Carvalho, 2016. "Delays in Connecting Firms to Electricity: What Matters?," CEERP Working Paper Series 003, Centre for Energy Economics Research and Policy, Heriot-Watt University.
- Saule Baurzhan & Glenn P. Jenkins, 2017.
"On-Grid Solar PV versus Diesel Electricity Generation in Sub-Saharan Africa: Economics and GHG Emissions,"
MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(3), pages 1-15, March.
- Saule Baurzhan & Glenn P. Jenkins, 2017. "On-Grid Solar PV versus Diesel Electricity Generation in Sub-Saharan Africa: Economics and GHG Emissions," Development Discussion Papers 2017-18, JDI Executive Programs.
- Richard S. J. Tol, 2015. "Economic impacts of climate change," Working Paper Series 7515, Department of Economics, University of Sussex.
- Richard S J Tol, 2018.
"The Economic Impacts of Climate Change,"
Review of Environmental Economics and Policy,
Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 12(1), pages 4-25.
- Mubashir Qasim & Koji Kotani, 2014.
"An empirical analysis of energy shortage in Pakistan,"
Asia-Pacific Development Journal,
United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), vol. 21(1), pages 137-166, June.
- Mubashir Qasim & Koji Kotani, 2013. "Causes of energy shortage in Pakistan: An empirical evidence," Working Papers EMS_2013_01, Research Institute, International University of Japan.
- Morgan Bazilian & Patrick Nussbaumer & Hans-Holger Rogner & Abeeku Brew-Hammond & Vivien Foster & Shonali Pachauri & Eric Williams & Mark Howells & Philippe Niyongabo & Lawrence Musaba & Brian Ó Galla, 2011. "Energy Access Scenarios to 2030 for the Power Sector in Sub-Saharan Africa," Working Papers 2011.68, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Bazilian, Morgan & Onyeji, Ijeoma, 2012. "Fossil fuel subsidy removal and inadequate public power supply: Implications for businesses," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 1-5.
- Mensah, Justice Tei, 2016. "Bring Back our Light: Power Outages and Industrial Performance in Sub-Saharan Africa," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 236587, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Stephen O'Connell & Allan Collard-Wexler & Hunt Allcott, 2015. "How Do Electricity Shortages A," 2015 Meeting Papers 159, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Hunt Allcott & Allan Collard-Wexler & Stephen D. O'Connell, 2016.
"How Do Electricity Shortages Affect Industry? Evidence from India,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 106(3), pages 587-624, March.
- Hunt Allcott & Allan Collard-Wexler & Stephen D. O'Connell, 2014. "How Do Electricity Shortages Affect Industry? Evidence from India," NBER Working Papers 19977, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Justice Tei Mensah, 2016. "Bring Back Our Light: Power Outages and Industrial Performance in Sub-Saharan Africa," Working Papers 2016.20, FAERE - French Association of Environmental and Resource Economists.
- Lamessa Tariku ABDISA, 2018. "Power Outages, its Economic Cost and Firm Performance: Evidence from Ethiopia," Departmental Working Papers 2018-01, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Oseni, Musiliu O. & Pollitt, Michael G., 2015. "A firm-level analysis of outage loss differentials and self-generation: Evidence from African business enterprises," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(PB), pages 277-286.
- Jonathan Timmis, 2013. "Internet Adoption and Firm Exports in Developing Economies," Discussion Papers 2013-05, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- Kenneth Lee & Edward Miguel & Catherine Wolfram, 2016. "Experimental Evidence on the Demand for and Costs of Rural Electrification," NBER Working Papers 22292, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jacopo Bonan & Stefano Pareglio & Massimo Tavoni, 2014. "Access to Modern Energy: a Review of Impact Evaluations," Working Papers 2014.96, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Musiliu 0. Oseni & Michael G. Pollitt, 2013. "The Economic Costs of Unsupplied Electricty: Evidence from Backup Generation among African Firms," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1351, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
More about this item
KeywordsGenerators Ownership Electricity Reliability Africa;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eneeco:v:32:y:2010:i:3:p:505-514. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco .