Class Size and Student Achievement: Experimental Estimates of Who Benefits and Who Loses from Reductions
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ding, Weili & Lehrer, Steven, 2005. "Class Size and Student Achievement: Experimental Estimates of Who Benefits and Who Loses from Reductions," Queen's Economics Department Working Papers 273516, Queen's University - Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alan B. Krueger, 1999.
"Experimental Estimates of Education Production Functions,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 114(2), pages 497-532.
- Alan B. Krueger, 1997. "Experimental Estimates of Education Production Functions," NBER Working Papers 6051, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alan B. Krueger, 1997. "Experimental Estimates of Education Production Functions," Working Papers 758, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Hanushek, Eric A, 1995.
"Interpreting Recent Research on Schooling in Developing Countries,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 10(2), pages 227-246, August.
- Eric A. Hanushek, "undated". "Interpreting Recent Research on Schooling in Developing Countries," Wallis Working Papers WP3, University of Rochester - Wallis Institute of Political Economy.
- Eric A. Hanushek, "undated". "The Evidence on Class Size," Wallis Working Papers WP10, University of Rochester - Wallis Institute of Political Economy.
- Hanushek, Eric A, 1986. "The Economics of Schooling: Production and Efficiency in Public Schools," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 24(3), pages 1141-1177, September.
- Alan B. Krueger, 2003. "Economic Considerations and Class Size," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(485), pages 34-63, February.
- Edward P. Lazear, 2001. "Educational Production," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 116(3), pages 777-803.
- V. Joseph Hotz & Guido W. Imbens & Julie H. Mortimer, 1999. "Predicting the Efficacy of Future Training Programs Using Past Experiences," NBER Technical Working Papers 0238, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steven Lehrer & Weili Ding, 2004. "Estimating Dynamic Treatment Effects from Project STAR," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 252, Econometric Society.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rodrigues, Clarissa Guimarães & Rios-Neto, Eduardo Luiz Gonçalves & de Xavier Pinto, Cristine Campos, 2013. "Changes in test scores distribution for students of the fourth grade in Brazil: A relative distribution analysis for the years 1997–2005," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 227-242.
- Ryan Bosworth, 2014. "Class size, class composition, and the distribution of student achievement," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(2), pages 141-165, April.
- Rodrigues, Clarissa G. & Rios-Neto, Eduardo Luiz G. & Pinto, Cristine Campos de Xavier, 2012. "Changes in test scores distribution for students of the fourth grade in Brazil: a relative distribution analysis for the years 1997 to 2005," Textos para discussão 282, FGV/EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Graham J. McKee & Steven G. Rivkin & Katharine R.E. Sims, 2010. "Disruption, Achievement and the Heterogeneous Benefits of Smaller Classes," NBER Working Papers 15812, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Meghir, Costas & Rivkin, Steven, 2011.
"Econometric Methods for Research in Education,"
Handbook of the Economics of Education,
- Costas Meghir & Steven G. Rivkin, 2010. "Econometric Methods for Research in Education," NBER Working Papers 16003, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Costas Meghir & Steven Rivkin, 2010. "Econometric methods for research in education," IFS Working Papers W10/10, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Anton Bekkerman & Gregory Gilpin, 2011. "Cost-Effective Hiring in U.S. High Schools: Estimating Optimal Teacher Quantity and Quality Decisions," Caepr Working Papers 2011-007, Center for Applied Economics and Policy Research, Economics Department, Indiana University Bloomington.
- Weili Ding & Steven Lehrer, 2011.
"Experimental estimates of the impacts of class size on test scores: robustness and heterogeneity,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(3), pages 229-252.
- Ding, Weili & Lehrer, Steven F., 2011. "Experimental Estimates of the Impacts of Class Size on Test Scores: Robustness and Heterogeneity," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2011-12, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 26 Jun 2011.
- Fan, Yanqin & Park, Sang Soo, 2010. "Confidence sets for some partially identified parameters," MPRA Paper 37149, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsClass size; Academic performance; Project STAR; Economic disadvantaged students; Minority students;
- I2 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-03-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2006-03-18 (Education)
- NEP-URE-2006-03-18 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qed:wpaper:1046. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Babcock). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/qedquca.html .