Evolving localization patterns of company foundations - Evidence from the German MST-industry
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Tobias Scholl & Thomas Brenner & Martin Wendel, 2013. "Evolving localization patterns of company foundations Evidence from the German MST-industry," ERSA conference papers ersa13p85, European Regional Science Association.
References listed on IDEAS
- Guido Buenstorf & Steven Klepper, 2009.
"Heritage and Agglomeration: The Akron Tyre Cluster Revisited,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 119(537), pages 705-733, April.
- Guido Buenstorf & Steven Klepper, 2005. "Heritage and Agglomeration: The Akron Tire Cluster Revisited," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2005-08, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Tobias Scholl & Thomas Brenner, 2013. "Detecting Spatial Clustering Using a Firm-Level Index," Working Papers on Innovation and Space 2012-02, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Guy Dumais & Glenn Ellison & Edward L. Glaeser, 2002.
"Geographic Concentration As A Dynamic Process,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 84(2), pages 193-204, May.
- Guy Dumais & Glenn Ellison & Edward Glaeser, 1997. "Geographic Concentration as a Dynamic Process," NBER Working Papers 6270, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guy Dumais & Glenn Ellison & Edward L Glaeser, 1998. "Geographic Concentration as a Dynamic Process," Working Papers 98-3, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Adam B. Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg & Rebecca Henderson, 1993.
"Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 577-598.
- Adam B. Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg & Rebecca Henderson, 1992. "Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations," NBER Working Papers 3993, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jaffe, A.B. & Trajtenberg, M., 1992. "Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations," Papers 14-92, Tel Aviv.
- Steven Klepper, 2007.
"The Evolution of Geographic Structure in New Industries,"
Chapters,in: Applied Evolutionary Economics and Economic Geography, chapter 4
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Steven Klepper, 2006. "The Evolution of Geographic Structure in New Industries," Revue de l'OFCE, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 97(5), pages 135-158.
- Audretsch, David B. & Lehmann, Erik E. & Warning, Susanne, 2005.
"University spillovers and new firm location,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 1113-1122, September.
- David B. Audretsch & Erik E. Lehmann & Susanne Warning, 2004. "University Spillovers and New Firm Location," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2004-02, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Thomas Klier & Daniel P. McMillen, 2008.
"Evolving Agglomeration In The U.S. Auto Supplier Industry,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(1), pages 245-267.
- Thomas H. Klier & Daniel P. McMillen, 2006. "Evolving agglomeration in the U.S. auto supplier industry," Working Paper Series WP-06-20, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Frank Neffke & Martin Svensson Henning & Ron Boschma & Karl-Johan Lundquist & Lars-Olof Olander, 2008. "Who Needs Agglomeration? Varying Agglomeration Externalities and the Industry Life Cycle," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 0808, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Apr 2008.
- Klepper, Steven, 1996. "Entry, Exit, Growth, and Innovation over the Product Life Cycle," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 562-583, June.
- Thomas Brenner & André Mühlig, 2007. "Factors and Mechanisms Causing the Emergence of Local Industrial Clusters - A Meta-Study of 159 Cases," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2007-23, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Luc Anselin, 2010. "Thirty years of spatial econometrics," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 89(1), pages 3-25, March.
- Reinhold Kosfeld & Hans-Friedrich Eckey & Jørgen Lauridsen, 2011.
"Spatial point pattern analysis and industry concentration,"
The Annals of Regional Science,
Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 47(2), pages 311-328, October.
- Reinhold Kosfeld & Hans-Friedrich Eckey & Jørgen Lauridsen, 2009. "Spatial Point Pattern Analysis and Industry Concentration," MAGKS Papers on Economics 200916, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Acs, Zoltan J. & Anselin, Luc & Varga, Attila, 2002. "Patents and innovation counts as measures of regional production of new knowledge," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 1069-1085, September.
- Eric Marcon & Florence Puech, 2010. "Measures of the geographic concentration of industries: improving distance-based methods," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(5), pages 745-762, September.
- Gort, Michael & Klepper, Steven, 1982. "Time Paths in the Diffusion of Product Innovations," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(367), pages 630-653, September.
More about this item
KeywordsSpatial concentration; localization; clusters; MAUP; distance-based measures;
- C40 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - General
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-10-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2012-10-27 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-EUR-2012-10-27 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-GEO-2012-10-27 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-URE-2012-10-27 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pum:wpaper:2012-05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christoph Mengs). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vamarde.html .