On the Fisher-Konieczny Index of Price Changes Synchronization
This note provides a structural interpretation for the index of price changes synchronization proposed by Fisher and Konieczny (2000, Economics Letters, 68, 271-277) and shows that it can be used to test the hypothesis of uniform staggering.
|Date of creation:||2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 21 321 32 00
Fax: 21 346 48 43
Web page: http://www.bportugal.pt
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aucremanne, Luc & Dhyne, Emmanuel, 2004.
"How frequently do prices change? Evidence based on the micro data underlying the Belgian CPI,"
Working Paper Series
0331, European Central Bank.
- Luc Aucremanne & Emmanuel Dhyne, 2004. "How frequently do prices change? Evidence based on the micro data underlying the Belgian CPI," Working Paper Research 44, National Bank of Belgium.
- repec:nbr:nberre:0126 is not listed on IDEAS
- Taylor, John B, 1980.
"Aggregate Dynamics and Staggered Contracts,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(1), pages 1-23, February.
- Fisher, Timothy C. G. & Konieczny, Jerzy D., 2000. "Synchronization of price changes by multiproduct firms: evidence from Canadian newspaper prices," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 271-277, September.
- Calvo, Guillermo A., 1983. "Staggered prices in a utility-maximizing framework," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 383-398, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ptu:wpaper:w200407. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (DEE-NTDD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.