Taxation and bond market investment strategies: Evidence from the market for Government of Canada bonds
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kenneth J. McKenzie & Aileen J. Thompson, 1995. "The Impact of the Capital Gains Exemption on Capital Markets," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 21(s1), pages 100-115, November.
- Litzenberger, Robert H & Rolfo, Jacques, 1984. " An International Study of Tax Effects on Government Bonds," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(1), pages 1-22, March.
- Eijffinger, Sylvester C. W. & Huizinga, Harry P. & Lemmen, Jan J. G., 1998.
"Short-term and long-term government debt and nonresident interest withholding taxes,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 309-334, June.
- Eijffinger, S.C.W. & Huizinga, H.P. & Lemmen, J.J.G., 1996. "Short-Term and Long-Term Government Debt and Nonresident Interest Withholding Taxes," Discussion Paper 1996-88, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Eijffinger, S.C.W. & Huizinga, H.P. & Lemmen, J.J.G., 1998. "Short-term and long-term government debt and non resident interest witholding taxes," Other publications TiSEM 68bb4272-d036-4192-9291-6, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Harry P. Huizinga & Jan J.G. Lemmen & Sylvester C.W. Eijffinger, 1997. "Short-Term and Long-Term Government Debt and Nonresident Interest Withholding Taxes," FMG Discussion Papers dp275, Financial Markets Group.
- Livingston, Miles, 1979. "Taxation and Bond Market Equilibrium in a World of Uncertain Future Interest Rates," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(1), pages 11-27, March.
- Lovely, Mary E. & Wasylenko, Michael J., 1992. "State Taxation of Interest Income and Municipal Borrowing Costs," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 45(1), pages 37-52, March.
- Bank for International Settlements, 2005. "Zero-coupon yield curves: technical documentation," BIS Papers, Bank for International Settlements, number 25, June.
- Jordan, Bradford D. & Jordan, Susan D., 1991. "Tax options and the pricing of treasury bond triplets : Theory and evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 135-164, November.
- Edwin J. Elton & T. Clifton Green, 1998. "Tax and Liquidity Effects in Pricing Government Bonds," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(5), pages 1533-1562, October.
- Nancy Harvey, 1999. "Recent Initiatives in the Canadian Market for Government of Canada Securities," Bank of Canada Review, Bank of Canada, vol. 1999(Summer), pages 27-35.
- Amoako-Adu, Ben & Rashid, M. & Stebbins, M., 1992. "Capital gains tax and equity values: Empirical test of stock price reaction to the introduction and reduction of capital gains tax exemption," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 275-287, April.
- Brennan, Michael J. & Schwartz, Eduardo S., 1979. "A continuous time approach to the pricing of bonds," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 133-155, July.
- Robichek, Alexander A & Niebuhr, W David, 1970. "Tax-Induced Bias in Reported Treasury Yields," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(5), pages 1081-1090, December.
- Lovely, Mary E. & Wasylenko, Michael J., 1992. "State Taxation of Interest Income and Municipal Borrowing Costs," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 45(1), pages 37-52, March.
- Schaefer, Stephen M., 1982. "Tax-induced clientele effects in the market for British government securities : Placing bounds on security values in an incomplete market," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 121-159, July.
- Erickson, Merle & Goolsbee, Austan & Maydew, Edward, 2003. "How Prevalent Is Tax Arbitrage? Evidence From the Market for Municipal Bonds," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 56(1), pages 259-270, March.
- Michael J. Brennan and Eduardo S. Schwartz., 1979. "A Continuous-Time Approach to the Pricing of Bonds," Research Program in Finance Working Papers 85, University of California at Berkeley.
- Stacey Anderson & Stéphane Lavoie, 2004. "The Evolution of Liquidity in the Market for Government of Canada Bonds," Bank of Canada Review, Bank of Canada, vol. 2004(Summer), pages 19-31.
More about this item
Keywordstaxation; bonds; after tax returns;
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- H24 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Personal Income and Other Nonbusiness Taxes and Subsidies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-FMK-2008-08-14 (Financial Markets)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:9959. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.