International human capital mobility and FDI: Evidence from G20 countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Park, Jungsoo, 2004. "International student flows and R&D spillovers," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 315-320, March.
- Manning, W. G. & Duan, N. & Rogers, W. H., 1987. "Monte Carlo evidence on the choice between sample selection and two-part models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 59-82, May.
- Javorcik, Beata S. & Özden, Çaglar & Spatareanu, Mariana & Neagu, Cristina, 2011.
"Migrant networks and foreign direct investment,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 231-241, March.
- Javorcik, Beata S. & Ozden, Caglar & Spatareanu, Mariana & Neagu, Cristina, 2006. "Migrant networks and foreign direct investment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4046, The World Bank.
- Beata S. Javorcik & Çaglar Özden & Mariana Spatareanu & Cristina Neagu, 2006. "Migrant Networks and Foreign Direct Investment," Working Papers Rutgers University, Newark 2006-003, Department of Economics, Rutgers University, Newark.
- Giovanni Peri & Francisco Requena-Silvente, 2010.
"The trade creation effect of immigrants: evidence from the remarkable case of Spain,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 43(4), pages 1433-1459, November.
- Giovanni Peri & Francisco Requena, 2009. "The Trade Creation Effect of Immigrants: Evidence from the Remarkable Case of Spain," NBER Working Papers 15625, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bruce A. Blonigen, 2019.
"Firm-Specific Assets and the Link Between Exchange Rates and Foreign Direct Investment,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Foreign Direct Investment, chapter 3, pages 89-120,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Blonigen, Bruce A, 1997. "Firm-Specific Assets and the Link between Exchange Rates and Foreign Direct Investment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(3), pages 447-465, June.
- Matthias Parey & Fabian Waldinger, 2011.
"Studying Abroad and the Effect on International Labour Market Mobility: Evidence from the Introduction of ERASMUS,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 121(551), pages 194-222, March.
- Matthias Parey & Fabian Waldinger, 2007. "Studying Abroad and the Effect on International Labor Market Mobility: Evidence from the Introduction of Erasmus," CEE Discussion Papers 0086, Centre for the Economics of Education, LSE.
- Parey, Matthias & Waldinger, Fabian, 2008. "Studying Abroad and the Effect on International Labor Market Mobility: Evidence from the Introduction of ERASMUS," IZA Discussion Papers 3430, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Parey, Matthias & Waldinger, Fabian, 2007. "Studying abroad and the effect on international labor market mobility: evidence from the introduction of Erasmus," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19383, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Kenneth A. Froot & Jeremy C. Stein, 1991. "Exchange Rates and Foreign Direct Investment: An Imperfect Capital Markets Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(4), pages 1191-1217.
- George J. Georgopoulos, 2008. "Cross-border mergers and acquisitions: does the exchange rate matter? Some evidence for Canada," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 41(2), pages 450-474, May.
- Combes, Pierre-Philippe & Lafourcade, Miren & Mayer, Thierry, 2005.
"The trade-creating effects of business and social networks: evidence from France,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 1-29, May.
- Pierre-Philippe Combes & Miren Lafourcade & Thierry Mayer, 2005. "The Trade Creating Effects of Business and Social Networks: Evidence from France," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00268768, HAL.
- Duan, Naihua, et al, 1984. "Choosing between the Sample-Selection Model and the Multi-part Model," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 2(3), pages 283-289, July.
- Kugler, Maurice & Rapoport, Hillel, 2007. "International labor and capital flows: Complements or substitutes?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 155-162, February.
- Le, Thanh, 2010. "Are student flows a significant channel of R&D spillovers from the north to the south?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 107(3), pages 315-317, June.
- Gould, David M, 1994. "Immigrant Links to the Home Country: Empirical Implications for U.S. Bilateral Trade Flows," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 76(2), pages 302-316, May.
- Keith Head & John Ries, 1998. "Immigration and Trade Creation: Econometric Evidence from Canada," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 31(1), pages 47-62, February.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Parey, Matthias & Waldinger, Fabian, 2011. "Studying Abroad and the Effect on International Labour Market Mobility: Evidence from the Introduction of ERASMUS," Munich Reprints in Economics 68902, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Neeraj Kaushal & Mauro Lanati, 2019. "International Student Mobility: Growth and Dispersion," NBER Working Papers 25921, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James E. Rauch & Vitor Trindade, 2002. "Ethnic Chinese Networks In International Trade," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(1), pages 116-130, February.
More about this item
KeywordsFDI; G20; International students mobility;
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BEC-2019-11-11 (Business Economics)
- NEP-CSE-2019-11-11 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-INT-2019-11-11 (International Trade)
- NEP-LAB-2019-11-11 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:96746. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.