A Study of Residential Housing Demand in India
The empirical research on housing market in India is scarce due to the paucity of information. The monograph on “A Study of Residential Housing Demand in India” is the outcome of a Study conducted by the National Institute of Bank Management (NIBM) for National Housing Bank (NHB) and partially addresses advice of Reserve Bank of India to NHB on studying the housing and real estate sector. This study provides exhaustive empirical research and detailed analysis (both micro and macro level) of current status and future growth potential of housing industry in India, its back-ward and forward linkages, financing structure and nature of underlying risk in the housing market in India.
|Date of creation:||01 Apr 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- George M. Furstenberg & R. Jeffrey Green, 1974. "Estimation of Delinquency Risk for Home Mortgage Portfolios," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 2(1), pages 5-19.
- Piyush Tiwari & Kirit Parikh & Jyoti Parikh, 1999. "Effective Housing Demand in Mumbai (Bombay) Metropolitan Region," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 36(10), pages 1783-1809, September.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David N. Weil, 1988.
"The Baby Boom, The Baby Bust, and the Housing Market,"
NBER Working Papers
2794, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mankiw, N. Gregory & Weil, David N., 1989. "The baby boom, the baby bust, and the housing market," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 235-258, May.
- Patrick Bajari & Matthew E. Kahn, 2003.
"Estimating Housing Demand with an Application to Explaining Racial Segregation in Cities,"
NBER Working Papers
9891, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Patrick Bajari & Matthew E. Kahn, 2005. "Estimating Housing Demand With an Application to Explaining Racial Segregation in Cities," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 23, pages 20-33, January.
- Patrick Bajari & Matthew E. Kahn, 2002. "Estimating Housing Demand with an Application to Explaining Racial Segregation in Cities," Working Papers 02011, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Ambrose, Brent W & Capone, Charles A, 2000.
"The Hazard Rates of First and Second Defaults,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics,
Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 275-93, May.
- Hanushek, Eric A & Quigley, John M, 1980. "What Is the Price Elasticity of Housing Demand?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 62(3), pages 449-54, August.
- Paul S. Calem & Susan Wachter, 1998.
"Community Reinvestment and Credit Risk: Evidence from an Affordable Home Loan Program,"
Zell/Lurie Center Working Papers
306, Wharton School Samuel Zell and Robert Lurie Real Estate Center, University of Pennsylvania.
- Paul S. Calem & Susan M. Wachter, 1999. "Community Reinvestment and Credit Risk: Evidence from an Affordable-Home-Loan Program," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 27(1), pages 105-134.
- Cowan, Adrian M. & Cowan, Charles D., 2004. "Default correlation: An empirical investigation of a subprime lender," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 753-771, April.
- Piyush Tiwari, 2000. "Housing Demand in Tokyo," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 3(1), pages 65-92.
- Hanushek, Eric A. & Quigley, John M., 1979. "The dynamics of the housing market: A stock adjustment model of housing consumption," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 90-111, January.
- Piyush Tiwari & Jyoti Parikh, 1998. "Affordability, Housing Demand and Housing Policy in Urban India," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 35(11), pages 2111-2129, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:9339. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.