Housing-market disequilibrium: an examination of housing-market price and stock dynamics 1967-1998
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mankiw, N. Gregory & Weil, David N., 1989.
"The baby boom, the baby bust, and the housing market,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, pages 235-258.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David N. Weil, 1988. "The Baby Boom, The Baby Bust, and the Housing Market," NBER Working Papers 2794, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- DiPasquale Denise & Wheaton William C., 1994. "Housing Market Dynamics and the Future of Housing Prices," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, pages 1-27.
- Peter C. B. Phillips & Mico Loretan, 1991. "Estimating Long-run Economic Equilibria," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 58(3), pages 407-436.
- Kearl, J R, 1979. "Inflation, Mortgages, and Housing," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages 1115-1138, October.
- Hanushek, Eric A & Quigley, John M, 1980. "What Is the Price Elasticity of Housing Demand?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, pages 449-454.
- Case, Karl E & Shiller, Robert J, 1989. "The Efficiency of the Market for Single-Family Homes," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 125-137.
- Clapp John M. & Giaccotto Carmelo, 1994. "The Influence of Economic Variables on Local House Price Dynamics," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, pages 161-183.
- Glennon, Dennis, 1989. "Estimating the income, price, and interest elasticities of housing demand," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, pages 219-229.
- Barton A. Smith, 1976. "The Supply of Urban Housing," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, pages 389-405.
- Case, Karl E & Shiller, Robert J, 1989.
"The Efficiency of the Market for Single-Family Homes,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, pages 125-137.
- Karl E. Case & Robert J. Shiller, 1988. "The Efficiency of the Market for Single-Family Homes," NBER Working Papers 2506, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grieson, Ronald E, 1973.
"The Supply of Rental Housing: Comment,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, pages 433-436.
- Dale W. Henderson & Thomas J. Sargent, 1972. "Monetary and fiscal policy in a two-sector aggregative model," Special Studies Papers 28, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- de Leeuw, Frank & Ekanem, Nkanta F, 1971. "The Supply of Rental Housing," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 806-817.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Oikarinen, Elias, 2009.
"Interaction between housing prices and household borrowing: The Finnish case,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 747-756, April.
- Elias Oikarinen, 2008. "Interaction between housing prices and household borrowing - the Finnish case," Discussion Papers 29, Aboa Centre for Economics.
- Elizabeth Steiner, 2010. "Estimating a stock-flow model for the Swiss housing market," Working Papers 2010-08, Swiss National Bank.
- Oikarinen, Elias, 2008. "Interaction between Housing Prices and Household Borrowing in Finland," Discussion Papers 1145, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Chen, Pei-Fen & Chien, Mei-Se & Lee, Chien-Chiang, 2011. "Dynamic modeling of regional house price diffusion in Taiwan," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, pages 315-332.
- Anthony Owusu-Ansah, 2012. "Modelling the supply of new residential construction for local housing markets and estimation of housing supply price elasticities: The case of Aberdeen, UK," ERES eres2012_097, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- repec:eee:jhouse:v:36:y:2017:i:c:p:73-87 is not listed on IDEAS
- Francesco D'Amuri & Giovanni Peri, 2016.
"Immigration, Jobs, And Employment Protection: Evidence From Europe Before And During The Great Recession,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: The Economics of International Migration, chapter 5, pages 153-185
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Francesco D'Amuri & Giovanni Peri, 2014. "Immigration, Jobs, And Employment Protection: Evidence From Europe Before And During The Great Recession," Journal of the European Economic Association, European Economic Association, vol. 12(2), pages 432-464, April.
- D'Amuri Francesco & Giovanni Peri, 2012. "Immigration, Jobs and Employment Protection: Evidence from Europe before and during the Great Recession," Working Papers 1215, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Andrea Nobili & Francesco Zollino, 2012. "A structural model for the housing and credit markets in Italy," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 887, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Elizabeth Steiner, 2010. "Estimating a Stock-Flow Model for the Swiss Housing Market," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), pages 601-627.
- Karol Jan Borowiecki, 2009. "The Determinants of House Prices and Construction: An Empirical Investigation of the Swiss Housing Economy," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 12(3), pages 193-220.
- repec:ire:issued:v:20:n:03:2017:p:375-396 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lerbs, Oliver & Teske, Markus, 2016. "The house price-vacancy curve," ZEW Discussion Papers 16-082, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- repec:spr:jbuscr:v:12:y:2016:i:2:d:10.1007_s41549-016-0011-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ball, Michael & Meen, Geoffrey & Nygaard, Christian, 2010. "Housing supply price elasticities revisited: Evidence from international, national, local and company data," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 255-268, December.
- Elias Oikarinen, 2010. "Foreign Ownership of Stocks and Long-run Interdependence Between National Housing and Stock Markets—Evidence from Finnish Data," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, pages 486-509.
- Dieci, Roberto & Westerhoff, Frank, 2016. "Heterogeneous expectations, boom-bust housing cycles, and supply conditions: A nonlinear economic dynamics approach," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 21-44.
- Dennis Schoenmaker & Arno Vlist, 2015. "On real estate development activity: the relationship between commercial and residential real estate markets," Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences, Springer, pages 219-232.
- Qingyu, Zhu, 2010. "Regional unemployment and house price determination," MPRA Paper 41785, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Timothy Jones & Dean Gatzlaff & G. Stacy Sirmans, 2016. "Housing Market Dynamics: Disequilibrium, Mortgage Default, and Reverse Mortgages," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, pages 269-281.
- Dieci, Roberto & Westerhoff, Frank, 2015. "Heterogeneous expectations, boom-bust housing cycles, and supply conditions: A nonlinear dynamics approach," BERG Working Paper Series 99, Bamberg University, Bamberg Economic Research Group.
- Beatrice Simo-Kengne & Stephen Miller & Rangan Gupta & Mehmet Balcilar, 2016.
"Evolution of the Monetary Transmission Mechanism in the US: the Role of Asset Returns,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics,
Springer, pages 226-243.
- Jeffrey Zabel, 2016. "A Dynamic Model of the Housing Market: The Role of Vacancies," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, pages 368-391.
- Beatrice D. Simo-Kengne & Stephen M. Miller & Rangan Gupta, 2014. "Evolution of the Monetary Transmission Mechanism in the US: The Role of Asset Returns," Working Papers 1405, University of Nevada, Las Vegas , Department of Economics.
- Younghoon Lee & Sanghyo Lee & Jaejun Kim, 2017. "Analysis of the Dynamic Relationship between Fluctuations in the Korean Housing Market and the Occurrence of Unsold New Housing Stocks," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(1), pages 1-23, January.
- Mark Merante & Keren Mertens Horn, 2016. "Is Home Sharing Driving up Rents? Evidence from Airbnb in Boston," Working Papers 2016_03, University of Massachusetts Boston, Economics Department.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhouse:v:13:y:2004:i:2:p:120-135. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622881 .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.