Learning from physics education research: Lessons for economics education
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Myra H. Strober & Allen Cook & Kasi Allen Fuller, 1997. "Making and Correcting Errors in Student Economic Analyses: An Examination of Videotapes," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(3), pages 255-271, September.
- W. Lee Hansen & Michael K. Salemi & John J. Siegfried, 2002. "Use It or Lose It: Teaching Literacy in the Economics Principles Course," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(2), pages 463-472, May.
- William E. Becker, 1997. "Teaching Economics to Undergraduates," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(3), pages 1347-1373, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Scott Simkins, 2011. "Using Just-in-Time Teaching to Promote Student Learning in Economics," Chapters,in: International Handbook on Teaching and Learning Economics, chapter 9 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
Keywordseconomic education; physics education research (PER); research-based teaching; preconceptions; metacognition; transfer; context-rich problems; peer instruction; just-in-time teaching; interactive lecture demonstration;
- A2 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-07-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2008-07-30 (Education)
- NEP-HPE-2008-07-30 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-KNM-2008-07-30 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
- NEP-LAB-2008-07-30 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:9314. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .