Learning from physics education research: Lessons for economics education
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Myra H. Strober & Allen Cook & Kasi Allen Fuller, 1997. "Making and Correcting Errors in Student Economic Analyses: An Examination of Videotapes," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(3), pages 255-271, September.
- W. Lee Hansen & Michael K. Salemi & John J. Siegfried, 2002. "Use It or Lose It: Teaching Literacy in the Economics Principles Course," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(2), pages 463-472, May.
- William E. Becker, 1997. "Teaching Economics to Undergraduates," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(3), pages 1347-1373, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Scott Simkins, 2011. "Using Just-in-Time Teaching to Promote Student Learning in Economics," Chapters,in: International Handbook on Teaching and Learning Economics, chapter 9 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
Keywordseconomic education; physics education research (PER); research-based teaching; preconceptions; metacognition; transfer; context-rich problems; peer instruction; just-in-time teaching; interactive lecture demonstration;
- A2 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-07-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2008-07-30 (Education)
- NEP-HPE-2008-07-30 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-KNM-2008-07-30 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
- NEP-LAB-2008-07-30 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:9314. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.