Religiosity and life satisfaction in Russia: Evidence from the Russian data
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Maksym Bryukhanov & Igor Fedotenkov, 2017. "Religiosity and Life Satisfaction in Russia: Evidence from the Russian Data," HSE Working papers WP BRP 180/EC/2017, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrew E. Clark & Orsolya Lelkes, 2005. "Deliver us from evil: religion as insurance," PSE Working Papers halshs-00590570, HAL.
- Gerdtham, Ulf-G & Johannesson, Magnus, 2001.
"The relationship between happiness, health, and socio-economic factors: results based on Swedish microdata,"
Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics),
Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 553-557.
- Gerdtham, Ulf-G & Johannesson, Magnus, 1997. "The Relationship between Happiness, Health and Socio-economic Factors: Results Based on Swedish Micro Data," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 207, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Jeffrey M Wooldridge, 2010.
"Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 2, volume 1, number 0262232588, March.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2001. "Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262232197.
- Leslie Francis & Yaacov Katz & Yaacov Yablon & Mandy Robbins, 2004. "Religiosity, Personality, and Happiness: A Study among Israeli Male Undergraduates," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 315-333, December.
- Michael Kortt & Brian Dollery & Bligh Grant, 2015. "Religion and Life Satisfaction Down Under," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 277-293, April.
- Peiro, Amado, 2006. "Happiness, satisfaction and socio-economic conditions: Some international evidence," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 348-365, April.
- Levin, Jeffrey S., 1994. "Religion and health: Is there an association, is it valid, and is it causal?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 1475-1482, June.
- Polina Kozyreva & Klara Sabirianova Peter, 2015. "Economic change in Russia: Twenty years of the Russian Longitudinal Monitoring Survey," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 23(2), pages 293-298, April.
- Dehejia, Rajeev & DeLeire, Thomas & Luttmer, Erzo F.P., 2007.
"Insuring consumption and happiness through religious organizations,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 91(1-2), pages 259-279, February.
- Dehejia, Rajeev & DeLeire, Thomas & Luttmer, Erzo F. P., 2005. "Insuring Consumption and Happiness through Religious Organizations," Working Paper Series rwp05-047, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Rajeev Dehejia & Thomas DeLeire & Erzo F.P. Luttmer, 2005. "Insuring Consumption and Happiness Through Religious Organizations," NBER Working Papers 11576, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Azzi, Corry & Ehrenberg, Ronald G, 1975. "Household Allocation of Time and Church Attendance," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(1), pages 27-56, February.
- Christopher J. Gerry & Georgios Papadopoulos, 2015. "Sample attrition in the RLMS, 2001–10," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 23(2), pages 425-468, April.
- Maximilian Riedl & Ingo Geishecker, 2014. "Keep it simple: estimation strategies for ordered response models with fixed effects," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(11), pages 2358-2374, November.
- Elisabeth Sinnewe & Michael Kortt & Brian Dollery, 2015. "Religion and Life Satisfaction: Evidence from Germany," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 123(3), pages 837-855, September.
- Kalyuzhnova, Yelena & Kambhampati, Uma, 2008. "The determinants of individual happiness in Kazakhstan," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 285-299, September.
- Galina Balatsky & Ed Diener, 1993. "Subjective well-being among Russian students," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 225-243, March.
- Patty Van Cappellen & Maria Toth-Gauthier & Vassilis Saroglou & Barbara L. Fredrickson, 2016. "Religion and Well-Being: The Mediating Role of Positive Emotions," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 485-505, April.
- Zavisca, Jane & Hout, Michael, 2005. "Does Money Buy Happiness in Unhappy Russia?," Program in Soviet and Post-Soviet Studies, Working Paper Series qt4j19w9f4, Institute of Slavic, East European, and Eurasian Studies, UC Berkeley.
- Lokshin Michael & Ravallion Martin, 2004. "Household Income Dynamics in Two Transition Economies," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 8(3), pages 1-33, September.
- Popova, Olga, 2014.
"Can religion insure against aggregate shocks to happiness? The case of transition countries,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 804-818.
- Olga Popova, 2010. "Can Religion Insure against Aggregate Shocks to Happiness? The Case of Transition Countries," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp425, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Juncal Cuñado & Fernando Gracia, 2012. "Does Education Affect Happiness? Evidence for Spain," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 108(1), pages 185-196, August.
More about this item
KeywordsLife satisfaction; religiosity; RLMS-HSE; endogeneity; Russia.;
- D10 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - General
- Z12 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Religion
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CIS-2018-02-05 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-HAP-2018-02-05 (Economics of Happiness)
- NEP-TRA-2018-02-05 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:82750. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.