Perceived corporate credibility as the emergent property of corporate reputation’s transmission process
Starting from the analysis of corporate reputation construct, this research focuses on the emergent property of corporate reputation process that results from individual corporate image’s transmission within a informal network where various actors interact. This emergent property is conceptualised as perceived corporate credibility. The aim of this paper is to test the influence of individual cognitive structure - i.e. corporate associations - and the third party’s interaction on the corporate credibility perceived by individual decision-makers within customer’s organization. The theoretical model is examined in a particular business-to-business context: business catering supplying relationships.
|Date of creation:||15 Jan 2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carl Shapiro, 1983. "Premiums for High Quality Products as Returns to Reputations," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 98(4), pages 659-679.
- Kreps, David M. & Wilson, Robert, 1982.
"Reputation and imperfect information,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 253-279, August.
- Diamond, Douglas W, 1989.
"Reputation Acquisition in Debt Markets,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 828-862, August.
- Erin Anderson & Barton Weitz, 1989. "Determinants of Continuity in Conventional Industrial Channel Dyads," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 8(4), pages 310-323.
- Newell, Stephen J. & Goldsmith, Ronald E., 2001. "The development of a scale to measure perceived corporate credibility," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 235-247, June.
- Yoon, Eunsang & Guffey, Hugh J. & Kijewski, Valerie, 1993. "The effects of information and company reputation on intentions to buy a business service," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 215-228, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:7944. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.