The Khaldun-Laffer Curve Revisited: A Personal Income Tax-Based Analysis for Turkey
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Fullerton, Don, 1982.
"On the possibility of an inverse relationship between tax rates and government revenues,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 3-22, October.
- Don Fullerton, 1980. "On the Possibility of an Inverse Relationship between Tax Rates and Government Revenues," NBER Working Papers 0467, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Basil A. Dalamagas, 1998. "Testing the Validity of the Laffer-Curve Hypothesis," Annals of Economics and Statistics, GENES, issue 52, pages 77-102.
- Janet Gale Stotsky & Asegedech WoldeMariam, 1997. "Tax Effort in Sub-Saharan Africa," IMF Working Papers 97/107, International Monetary Fund.
- David Henderson, 1981. "Limitations of the Laffer Curve as a Justification for Tax Cuts," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 1(1), pages 45-52, Spring.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:1998:i:52 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zsolt Becsi, 2000. "The shifty Laffer curve," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q3, pages 53-64.
- Abhijit Sen Gupta, 2007. "Determinants of Tax Revenue Efforts in Developing Countries," IMF Working Papers 07/184, International Monetary Fund.
- Pecorino, Paul, 1995. "Tax rates and tax revenues in a model of growth through human capital accumulation," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 527-539, December.
- Feige, Edgar L & McGee, Robert T, 1983.
" Sweden's Laffer Curve: Taxation and the Unobserved Economy,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 85(4), pages 499-519.
- Feige, Edgar L. & McGee, Robert T., 1983. "Sweden’s Laffer Curve: Taxation and the Unobserved Economy," Working Paper Series 95, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Edgar L. Feige & Robert T. McGee, 2005. "Sweden'S Laffer Curve: Taxation And The Unobserved Economy," Macroeconomics 0501023, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Francesco Busato & Bruno Chiarini, 2013.
"Steady State Laffer Curve with the Underground Economy,"
Public Finance Review,
, vol. 41(5), pages 608-632, September.
- Francesco Busato & Bruno Chiarini, 2009. "Steady state Laffer curve with the underground economy," Discussion Papers 2_2009, D.E.S. (Department of Economic Studies), University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
- Francesco Busato & Bruno Chiarini, 2012. "Steady state Laffer curve with the underground economy," Working Papers 8, Department of the Treasury, Ministry of the Economy and of Finance.
- Trabandt, Mathias & Uhlig, Harald, 2011.
"The Laffer curve revisited,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 58(4), pages 305-327.
- Trabandt, Mathias & Uhlig, Harald, 2006. "How Far Are We From the Slippery Slope? The Laffer Curve Revisited," CEPR Discussion Papers 5657, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mathias Trabandt & Harald Uhlig, 2006. "How Far Are We From The Slippery Slope? The Laffer Curve Revisited," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2006-023, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Mathias Trabandt & Harald Uhlig, 2009. "How Far Are We From The Slippery Slope? The Laffer Curve Revisited," NBER Working Papers 15343, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harald Uhlig & Mathias Trabandt, 2009. "How Far are We from the Slippery Slope? The Laffer Curve Revisited," Working Papers 2009-005, Becker Friedman Institute for Research In Economics.
- Trabandt, Mathias & Uhlig, Harald, 2010. "How far are we from the slippery slope? The Laffer curve revisited," Working Paper Series 1174, European Central Bank.
- Karl Brunner, 1982. "Is Supply-Side Economics Enough?," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 2(3), pages 843-849, Winter.
- Sanyal, Amal & Gang, Ira N & Goswami, Omkar, 2000. "Corruption, Tax Evasion and the Laffer Curve," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 105(1-2), pages 61-78, October.
- Nutahara, Kengo, 2015. "Laffer curves in Japan," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 56-72.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:1998:i:52:p:04 is not listed on IDEAS
- Davidson, James E H, et al, 1978. "Econometric Modelling of the Aggregate Time-Series Relationship between Consumers' Expenditure and Income in the United Kingdom," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 88(352), pages 661-692, December.
- repec:mup:actaun:actaun_2012060040189 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hsing, Yu, 1996. "Estimating the laffer curve and policy implications," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 395-401.
More about this item
KeywordsTax Policy; Khaldun-Laffer Curve; Laffer Curve; Optimal Tax Rate; Personal Income Tax; Turkey;
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- H2 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
- H20 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-05-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2017-05-14 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-CWA-2017-05-14 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-MAC-2017-05-14 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-PBE-2017-05-14 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2017-05-14 (Public Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:78850. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.