Disaster and political trust: The Japan Tsunami and Earthquake of 2011
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Daniel Aldrich, 2011. "The power of people: social capital’s role in recovery from the 1995 Kobe earthquake," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 56(3), pages 595-611, March.
- Aldrich, Daniel P. & Sawada, Yasuyuki, 2015. "The physical and social determinants of mortality in the 3.11 tsunami," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 66-75.
- Eiji Yamamura & Yoshiro Tsutsui & Chisako Yamane & Shoko Yamane & Nattavudh Powdthavee, 2015.
"Trust and Happiness: Comparative Study Before and After the Great East Japan Earthquake,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 123(3), pages 919-935, September.
- Eiji Yamamura & Yoshiro Tsutsui & Chisako Yamane & Shoko Yamane & Nattavudh Powdthavee, 2014. "Trust and Happiness: Comparative Study Before and After the Great East Japan Earthquake," ISER Discussion Paper 0904, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Eiji Yamamura, 2010.
"Effects of Interactions among Social Capital, Income and Learning from Experiences of Natural Disasters: A Case Study from Japan,"
Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(8), pages 1019-1032.
- yamamura, eiji, 2009. "Effects of interactions among social capital, income, and learning from experiences of natural disasters: A case study from Japan," MPRA Paper 16223, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eiji Yamamura, 2016.
"Natural disasters and social capital formation: The impact of the Great Hanshin-Awaji earthquake,"
Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 95, pages 143-164, March.
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2013. "Natural disasters and social capital formation: The impact of the Great Hanshin-Awaji earthquake," MPRA Paper 44493, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eiji Yamamura, 2013. "Natural disasters and social capital formation: The impact of the Great Hanshin-Awaji earthquake," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 2013/10, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Joshua D. Angrist & Jörn-Steffen Pischke, 2009. "Mostly Harmless Econometrics: An Empiricist's Companion," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8769.
- Eiji Yamamura, 2014.
"Impact of natural disaster on public sector corruption,"
Public Choice, Springer, vol. 161(3), pages 385-405, December.
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2013. "Impact of natural disaster on public sector corruption," MPRA Paper 49760, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eiji Yamamura, 2013. "Impact of natural disaster on public sector corruption," Development Research Working Paper Series 06/2013, Institute for Advanced Development Studies.
- Hiroki Tanikawa & Shunsuke Managi & Cherry Myo Lwin, 2014. "Estimates of Lost Material Stock of Buildings and Roads Due to the Great East Japan Earthquake and Tsunami," Journal of Industrial Ecology, Yale University, vol. 18(3), pages 421-431, May.
- Luechinger, Simon & Raschky, Paul A., 2009. "Valuing flood disasters using the life satisfaction approach," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(3-4), pages 620-633, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Onialisoa Mirana Rakotoarivelo & Hanitriniaina Sammy Gr´egoire Ravelonirina, 2019. "On the Dynamic of Country Development," Journal of Mathematics Research, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 11(2), pages 1-19, April.
- Arnstein Aassve & Guido Alfani & Francesco Gandolfi & Marco Le Moglie, 2020. "Epidemics and Trust: The Case of the Spanish Flu," Working Papers 661, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
More about this item
KeywordsPolitical trust; Natural disaster; Nuclear accident;
- H84 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues - - - Disaster Aid
- J28 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Safety; Job Satisfaction; Related Public Policy
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters and their Management; Global Warming
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-POL-2016-04-16 (Positive Political Economics)
- NEP-SEA-2016-04-16 (South East Asia)
- NEP-SOC-2016-04-16 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:70527. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.