Impacto do desinvestimento no mercado local de emprego: o caso de uma unidade da indústria metalomecânica
[Impact of divestment on the local employment market: a case of the metal industry]
This paper is a draft contribution for a definition of the concept of divestment. This topic is still very influenced by definitions from the fields of economics or management. Thus, from a group of definitions and approaches developed by different authors we try to elaborate on this divestment concept, searching for indicators and variables related to this practice. The founded indicators allow us to identify the main consequences and the potential social impacts due to divestment situations. Also we try to develop a methodology of research for analysis and impact framework that come from divestment action of companies.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2003|
|Date of revision:||Dec 2003|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- A. Pike, 1999. "The politics of factory closures and task forces in the north east region of England," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(6), pages 567-575.
- Haynes, Michelle & Thompson, Steve & Wright, Mike, 2000. "The determinants of corporate divestment in the UK," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(8), pages 1201-1222, December.
- Badguerahanian, Leon & Abetti, Pier A., 1995. "The rise and fall of the Merlin-Gerin Foundry Business: A case study in French corporate entrepreneurship," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 10(6), pages 477-493, November.
- Moniz, António & Gomes, Cláudia, 2002.
"Impactos sociais do desinvestimento
[Social Impacts of divestment]," MPRA Paper 5882, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Sep 2002.
- Gabriel Benito, 1997. "Divestment of foreign production operations," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(10), pages 1365-1378.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:6862. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.