Impactos sociais do desinvestimento
[Social Impacts of divestment]
The resulting economic integration of industrial processes and manufacturing internationalisation lead several authors to argue that world economy is globalised. In this context, the approach to the divestment concept without an social and económical context, does not show a group of associated practices and representations. Choices and options are motivated by exogenous forces that pushes companies to determine strategies that stop capital investment on new equipment goods, or on other imaterial goods. This type of strategy is designated by "divestment". The social level of consequencies are not due to the closing down or de-localization of production units that are divesting, but can be materialised of efects that are irreversible. This means unemployment, de-skilling, labour precarization and even emergence of new forms of social exclusion in former industrialised regions.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2002|
|Date of revision:||Sep 2002|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Badguerahanian, Leon & Abetti, Pier A., 1995. "The rise and fall of the Merlin-Gerin Foundry Business: A case study in French corporate entrepreneurship," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 10(6), pages 477-493, November.
- Kuhlmann, Stefan & Boekholt, Patries & Georghiou, Luke & Guy, Ken & Heraud, Jean-Alain & Laredo, Philippe & Lemola, Tarmo & Loveridge, Denis & Luukkonen, Terttu & Moniz, António & Polt, Wolfgang & Rip, 1999. "Improving Distributed Intelligence in Complex Innovation Systems," MPRA Paper 6426, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised May 1999.
- David Audretsch, 1994. "Business Survival and the Decision to Exit," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 125-137.
- Gabriel Benito, 1997. "Divestment of foreign production operations," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(10), pages 1365-1378.
- A. Pike, 1999. "The politics of factory closures and task forces in the north east region of England," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(6), pages 567-575.
- Haynes, Michelle & Thompson, Steve & Wright, Mike, 2000. "The determinants of corporate divestment in the UK," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(8), pages 1201-1222, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:5882. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.