Does Unemployment Significantly Impact on the Economic Growth of Nigeria?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Khan, Abdul Qayyum Khan & Khattak, Naeem Ur Rehman Khattak & Hussain, Anwar Hussain, 2008. "Inter-dependencies and Causality in the Macroeconomic Variables: Evidence from Pakistan (1960-2005). Sarhad J. Agric. 24 (1): 199-205," MPRA Paper 42034, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Freeman, Donald G, 2001. "Panel Tests of Okun's Law for Ten Industrial Countries," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 39(4), pages 511-523, October.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Rui Pereira, 2014.
"Okun’s law, asymmetries and regional spillovers: evidence from Virginia metropolitan statistical areas and the District of Columbia,"
The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 52(2), pages 583-595, March.
- Rui M. Pereira, 2014. "Okun's Law, Asymmetries and Regional Spillovers: Evidence from Virginia Metropolitan Statistical Areas and the District of Columbia," Working Papers 140, Department of Economics, College of William and Mary.
- Davide Furceri & Ernesto Crivelli & Joël Toujas-Bernate, 2012. "Can Policies Affect Employment Intensity of Growth? A Cross-Country Analysis," IMF Working Papers 2012/218, International Monetary Fund.
- Donald Freeman, 2012.
"On (Not) Closing the Gaps: The Evolution of National and Regional Unemployment Rates by Race and Ethnicity,"
The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer;National Economic Association, vol. 39(2), pages 267-284, June.
- Donald Freeman, 2011. "On (not) Closing the Gaps: The Evolution of National and Regional Unemployment Rates by Race and Ethnicity," Working Papers 1101, Sam Houston State University, Department of Economics and International Business.
- van Ours, Jan C., 2015. "The Great Recession was not so great," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 1-12.
- Ryan W Herzog, 2013. "An Analysis of Okun's Law, the Natural Rate, and Voting Preferences for the 50 States," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 33(4), pages 2504-2517.
- Durech, Richard & Minea, Alexandru & Mustea, Lavinia & Slusna, Lubica, 2014.
"Regional evidence on Okun's Law in Czech Republic and Slovakia,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 57-65.
- Richard Durech & Alexandru Minea & Lavinia Teodora Mustea & Lubica Slusna, 2014. "Regional evidence on Okun's Law in Czech Republic and Slovakia," Post-Print halshs-01019147, HAL.
- Mohammed, Mikidadu, 2018.
"Do Import Tariffs Generate Stagflationary Tendencies?,"
95128, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 09 Apr 2019.
- Mohammed, Mikidadu, 2018. "Do Import Tariffs Generate Stagflationary Tendencies?," EconStor Preprints 201013, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics.
- Aki Kangasharju & Christophe Tavera & Peter Nijkamp, 2012.
"Regional Growth and Unemployment: The Validity of Okun's Law for the Finnish Regions,"
Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(3), pages 381-395, September.
- Kangasharju, A. & Tavera, C. & Nijkamp, P., 2011. "Regional growth and unemployment. The validity of Okun's law for the Finnish regions," Serie Research Memoranda 0006, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Aki Kangasharju & Christophe Tavéra & Peter Nijkamp, 2012. "Regional growth and unemployment: the validity of Okun's law for the Finnish regions," Post-Print halshs-00724237, HAL.
- Islas C., Alejandro & Cortez, Willy Walter, 2013. "An assessment of the dynamics between the permanent and transitory components of Mexico's output and unemployment," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), December.
- PERUGINI, Cristiano, 2009.
"Employment Intensity Of Growth In Italy. A Note Using Regional Data,"
Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 9(1).
- Cristiano Perugini, 2008. "Employment Intensity of Growth in Italy A Note Using Regional Data," Quaderni del Dipartimento di Economia, Finanza e Statistica 55/2008, Università di Perugia, Dipartimento Economia.
- Roger Perman & Gaetan Stephan & Christophe Tavéra, 2015. "Okun's Law—a Meta-analysis," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 83(1), pages 101-126, January.
- Guisinger, Amy Y. & Hernandez-Murillo, Ruben & Owyang, Michael T. & Sinclair, Tara M., 2018.
"A state-level analysis of Okun's law,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 239-248.
- Amy Guisinger & Ruben Hernandez-Murillo & Michael Owyang & Tara Sinclair, 2015. "A State-Level Analysis of Okun's Law," Working Papers 2015-17, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- Amy Y. Guisinger & Ruben Hernandez-Murillo & Michael T. Owyang & Tara M. Sinclair, 2015. "A State-Level Analysis of Okun’s Law," Working Papers (Old Series) 1523, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Amy Y. Guisinger & Ruben Hernandez-Murillo & Michael T. Owyang & Tara M. Sinclair, 2015. "A State-Level Analysis of Okun's Law," Working Papers 2015-29, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- van Ours, J.C., 2015. "The Great Recession was not so Great," Discussion Paper 2015-006, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Jasper Lukkezen & Coen Teulings, 2013. "Optimal Fiscal Policy," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-064/VI, Tinbergen Institute.
- Tregenna, Fiona., 2015. "Sectoral dimensions of employment targeting," ILO Working Papers 994867013402676, International Labour Organization.
- Ho‐Chuan (River) Huang & Ya‐Kai Chang, 2005. "INVESTIGATING OKUN's LAW BY THE STRUCTURAL BREAK WITH THRESHOLD APPROACH: EVIDENCE FROM CANADA," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 73(5), pages 599-611, September.
- Antal, Miklós, 2014. "Green goals and full employment: Are they compatible?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 276-286.
- Eiji Goto & Constantin Bürgi, 2020. "Sectoral Okun's Law and Cross-Country Cyclical Differences," CESifo Working Paper Series 8101, CESifo.
- Abdessalem GOUIDER & Ridha NOUIRA & Faouzi SBOUI, 2018. "La relation croissance-chômage en Tunisie : validation de la spécification non linéaire de la loi d’Okun," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 47, pages 27-41.
- Marwa Sahnoun & Chokri Abdennadher, 2018. "The assessment of active labor market policies: evidence from OECD countries," Economia Politica: Journal of Analytical and Institutional Economics, Springer;Fondazione Edison, vol. 35(2), pages 257-283, August.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic Growth; Unemployment; Inflation;
All these keywords.
- O11 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O4 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-GRO-2015-10-04 (Economic Growth)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:66966. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.