Household Deficiency in Demand for Water: Do Water Source and Travel Time Matter?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Céline Nauges & Caroline Berg, 2009.
"Demand for Piped and Non-piped Water Supply Services: Evidence from Southwest Sri Lanka,"
Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 42(4), pages 535-549, April.
- Celine Nauges & Caroline van den Berg, 2009. "Demand for piped and non-piped water supply services: evidence from southwest Sri Lanka," Post-Print hal-02655330, HAL.
- Justin Stoler & John R Weeks & Richard Appiah Otoo, 2013. "Drinking Water in Transition: A Multilevel Cross-sectional Analysis of Sachet Water Consumption in Accra," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 8(6), pages 1-11, June.
- Basani, Marcello & Isham, Jonathan & Reilly, Barry, 2008. "The Determinants of Water Connection and Water Consumption: Empirical Evidence from a Cambodian Household Survey," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 953-968, May.
- Engel, Stefanie & Iskandarani, Maria & Useche, Maria del Pilar, 2005. "Improved water supply in the Ghanaian Volta Basin: who uses it and who participates in community decision-making?," EPTD discussion papers 129, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Casey, James F. & Kahn, James R. & Rivas, Alexandre, 2006. "Willingness to pay for improved water service in Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 365-372, June.
- Jacob Nunoo & Bernand Nana Acheampong, 2014. "Protecting financial investment: agriculture insurance in Ghana," Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 74(2), pages 236-247, July.
- Bruce Larson & Bart Minten & Ramy Razafindralambo, 2006. "Unravelling the linkages between the millennium development goals for poverty, education, access to water and household water use in developing countries: Evidence from Madagascar," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(1), pages 22-40.
- Briscoe, John, et al, 1990. "Toward Equitable and Sustainable Rural Water Supplies: A Contingent Valuation Study in Brazil," The World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 4(2), pages 115-134, May.
- Nauges, Celine & Strand, Jon, 2007.
"Estimation of non-tap water demand in Central American cities,"
Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 165-182, September.
- Celine Nauges & Jon Strand, 2007. "Estimation of non-tap water demand in Central American cities," Post-Print hal-02660496, HAL.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Céline Nauges & Dale Whittington, 2010.
"Estimation of Water Demand in Developing Countries: An Overview,"
The World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 25(2), pages 263-294, August.
- NAUGES CÃ©line & WHITTINGTON Dale, 2008. "Estimation of Water Demand in Developing Countries: An Overview," LERNA Working Papers 08.20.264, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Jake Wagner & Joseph Cook & Peter Kimuyu, 2019. "Household Demand for Water in Rural Kenya," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 74(4), pages 1563-1584, December.
- Cook, Joseph & Wagner, Jake & Newell, Gunnar, 2020. "A Decision Support Tool for Rural Water Supply Planning," EfD Discussion Paper 20-6, Environment for Development, University of Gothenburg.
- Tomas Havranek & Zuzana Irsova & Tomas Vlach, 2018.
"Measuring the Income Elasticity of Water Demand: The Importance of Publication and Endogeneity Biases,"
Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 94(2), pages 259-283.
- Tomas Havranek & Zuzana Irsova & Tomas Vlach, 2017. "Measuring the Income Elasticity of Water Demand: The Importance of Publication and Endogeneity Biases," Working Papers IES 2017/02, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Feb 2017.
- Henrique Monteiro, 2010. "Residential Water Demand in Portugal: checking for efficiency-based justifications for increasing block tariffs," Working Papers Series 1 ercwp0110, ISCTE-IUL, Business Research Unit (BRU-IUL).
- Van Houtven, George L. & Pattanayak, Subhrendu K. & Usmani, Faraz & Yang, Jui-Chen, 2017. "What are Households Willing to Pay for Improved Water Access? Results from a Meta-Analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 126-135.
- Wa’el A. Hussien & Fayyaz A. Memon & Dragan A. Savic, 2016. "Assessing and Modelling the Influence of Household Characteristics on Per Capita Water Consumption," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 30(9), pages 2931-2955, July.
- StÃ©phanie Dos Santos & Thomas LeGrand, 2013. "Is the Tap Locked? An Event History Analysis of Piped Water Access in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 50(6), pages 1292-1310, May.
- Zhang, Fan & Fogarty, James, 2015. "Nonmarket Valuation of Water Sensitive Cities: Current Knowledge and Issues," Working Papers 207694, University of Western Australia, School of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Anthony Amoah & Peter G. Moffatt, 2021. "Willingness to pay for reliable piped water services: evidence from urban Ghana," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 23(4), pages 805-829, October.
- Orgill-Meyer, Jennifer & Jeuland, Marc & Albert, Jeff & Cutler, Nathan, 2018. "Comparing Contingent Valuation and Averting Expenditure Estimates of the Costs of Irregular Water Supply," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 146(C), pages 250-264.
- Godwin K. Vondolia & Francis Mensah Asenso-Boadi, 2016. "Private Sector Participation in the Provision of Quality Drinking Water in Urban Areas of Ghana: What Do Households Want and Can Afford?," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 84(2), pages 245-259, June.
- Havranek, Tomas & Irsova, Zuzana & Vlach, Tomas, 2016. "Publication Bias in Measuring the Income Elasticity of Water Demand," MPRA Paper 75247, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Choumert, Johanna & Stage, Jesper & Uwera, Claudine, 2014.
"Access to water as determinant of rental values: A housing hedonic analysis in Rwanda,"
Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 48-54.
- Johanna Choumert & Jesper Stage & Claudine Uwera, 2014. "Access to water as determinant of rental values: A housing hedonic analysis in Rwanda," Post-Print halshs-01064969, HAL.
- John P. Hoehn & Douglas J. Krieger, 2000. "An Economic Analysis of Water and Wastewater Investments in Cairo, Egypt," Evaluation Review, , vol. 24(6), pages 579-608, December.
- Li, Zhengtao & Hu, Bin, 2018. "Perceived health risk, environmental knowledge, and contingent valuation for improving air quality: New evidence from the Jinchuan mining area in China," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 54-68.
- Johanna CHOUMERT & Jesper STAGE & Claudine UWERA, 2014.
"Access to water as a determinant of rental values: A hedonic analysis in Rwanda,"
- Johanna Choumert & Jesper Stage & Claudine Uwera, 2015. "Access to water as a determinant of rental values: A hedonic analysis in Rwanda," Working Papers halshs-00939271, HAL.
- Johanna Choumert & Jesper Stage & Claudine Uwera, 2015. "Access to water as a determinant of rental values: A hedonic analysis in Rwanda," CERDI Working papers halshs-00939271, HAL.
- Eric Nazindigouba KERE & Johanna CHOUMERT & Amandine Loyal LARÉ-DONDARINI, 2014.
"The impact of water and sanitation access on housing values: The case of Dapaong, Togo,"
- Johanna Choumert & Eric Nazindigouba Kere & Amandine Loyal Laré-Dondarini, 2015. "The impact of water and sanitation access on housing values: The case of Dapaong, Togo," Working Papers halshs-00939267, HAL.
- Johanna Choumert & Eric Nazindigouba Kere & Amandine Loyal Laré-Dondarini, 2015. "The impact of water and sanitation access on housing values: The case of Dapaong, Togo," CERDI Working papers halshs-00939267, HAL.
- del Saz Salazar, Salvador & Hernandez Sancho, Francesc & Sala Garrido, Ramon, 2009. "Estimación del valor económico de la calidad del agua de un río mediante una doble aproximación: una aplicación de los principios económicos de la Directiva Marco del Agua," Economia Agraria y Recursos Naturales, Spanish Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 9(01), pages 1-27.
- Whittington, Dale & Nauges, Céline & Fuente, David & Wu, Xun, 2015. "A diagnostic tool for estimating the incidence of subsidies delivered by water utilities in low- and medium-income countries, with illustrative simulations," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 70-81.
More about this item
KeywordsWater Deficiency; Travel Time; Water Source; Shadow Price; Pipe;
All these keywords.
- D01 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Microeconomic Behavior: Underlying Principles
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
- L95 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Gas Utilities; Pipelines; Water Utilities
- Q31 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - Demand and Supply; Prices
- R22 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Other Demand
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2015-08-19 (Agricultural Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:66007. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Joachim Winter (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.