"You Quit?" Influence of Neighbor Experience and Exit on Small Farmer Market Participation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Elizabeth M. M. Q. Farina & Thomas Reardon, 2000. "Agrifood Grades and Standards in the Extended Mercosur: Their Role in the Changing Agrifood System," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(5), pages 1170-1176.
- Timothy G. Conley & Christopher R. Udry, 2010.
"Learning about a New Technology: Pineapple in Ghana,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 100(1), pages 35-69, March.
- Timothy G. Conley & Christopher R. Udry, 2005. "Learning about a new technology: pineapple in Ghana," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Timothy G. Conley & Christopher R. Udry, 2000. "Learning About a New Technology: Pineapple in Ghana," Working Papers 817, Economic Growth Center, Yale University, revised May 2004.
- Conley, T.G. & Udry, C.R., 2000. "Learning about a New Technology: Pineapple in Ghana," Papers 817, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Foster, Andrew D & Rosenzweig, Mark R, 1995.
"Learning by Doing and Learning from Others: Human Capital and Technical Change in Agriculture,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(6), pages 1176-1209, December.
- Mark Rosenzweig & Andrew D. Foster, "undated". "Learning by Doing and Learning from Others: Human Capital and Technical Change in Agriculture," Home Pages _068, University of Pennsylvania.
- Michelson, Hope & Reardon, Thomas & Perez, Francisco, 2012.
"Small Farmers and Big Retail: Trade-offs of Supplying Supermarkets in Nicaragua,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 342-354.
- Michelson, Hope & Reardon, Thomas & Perez, Francisco Jose, 2010. "Small Farmers and Big Retail: trade-offs of supplying supermarkets in Nicaragua," Staff Papers 62124, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Sahn, David E. & Stifel, David C., 2000. "Poverty Comparisons Over Time and Across Countries in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(12), pages 2123-2155, December.
- Oriana Bandiera & Imran Rasul, 2006.
"Social Networks and Technology Adoption in Northern Mozambique,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 116(514), pages 869-902, October.
- Bandiera, Oriana & Rasul, Imran, 2002. "Social networks and technology adoption in Northern Mozambique," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3539, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Oriana Bandiera & Imran Rasul, 2002. "Social Networks and Technology Adoption in Northern Mozambique," STICERD - Development Economics Papers - From 2008 this series has been superseded by Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers 35, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Bandiera, Oriana & Rasul, Imran, 2002. "Social Networks and Technology Adoption in Northern Mozambique," CEPR Discussion Papers 3341, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hope C. Michelson, 2013.
"Small Farmers, NGOs, and a Walmart World: Welfare Effects of Supermarkets Operating in Nicaragua,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 95(3), pages 628-649.
- Michelson, Hope C., 2012. "Small farmers, NGOs, and a Walmart World: Welfare effects of supermarkets operating in Nicaragua," MPRA Paper 42458, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jonathan Isham, 2002.
"The Effect of Social Capital on Fertiliser Adoption: Evidence from Rural Tanzania,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 11(1), pages 39-60, March.
- Jonathan Isham, 2002. "The Effect of Social Capital on Fertilizer Adoption: Evidence from Rural Tanzania," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 0225, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Bachke, Maren E. & Bellemare, Marc F. & Michelson, Hope C. & Narayanan, Sudha & Walker, Thomas F., 2012. "Smallholder Participation in Contract Farming: Comparative Evidence from Five Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 715-730.
- Munshi, Kaivan, 2004. "Social learning in a heterogeneous population: technology diffusion in the Indian Green Revolution," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 185-213, February.
- Christine M. Moser & Christopher B. Barrett, 2006.
"The complex dynamics of smallholder technology adoption: the case of SRI in Madagascar,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 35(3), pages 373-388, November.
- Moser, Christine M. & Barrett, Christopher B., 2003. "The Complex Dynamics Of Smallholder Technology Adoption: The Case Of Sri In Madagascar," Working Papers 14735, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- repec:oup:ajagec:v:99:y:2017:i:4:p:988-1007. is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordscontract farming; supermarkets; market adoption; Latin America; Walmart; Nicaragua; strategic delay;
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2015-02-28 (Agricultural Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:62239. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.