Interest Rates and Structural Shocks in European Transition Economies
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Rajmund Mirdala, 2015. "Interest rates and structural shocks in European transition economies," Business and Economic Horizons (BEH), Prague Development Center, vol. 10(4), pages 305-319, January.
- Mirdala, Rajmund, . "Interest rates and structural shocks in European transition economies," Business and Economic Horizons (BEH), Prague Development Center (PRADEC), vol. 10(4), pages 1-15.
References listed on IDEAS
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Carmen M. Reinhart, 2002.
"Fear of Floating,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 117(2), pages 379-408.
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Carmen M. Reinhart, 2000. "Fear of Floating," NBER Working Papers 7993, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Calvo, Guillermo, 2002. "Fear of floating," MPRA Paper 14000, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen, 2001. "Fear of Floating: Exchange Rate Flexibility Indices," MPRA Paper 13196, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kulish Mariano, 2007. "Should Monetary Policy Use Long-Term Rates?," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-26, July.
- Wehnam Peter Dabale & Nelson Jagero, 2013. "Causes of Interest Rate Volatility and its Economic Implications in Nigeria," International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 3(4), pages 27-32, October.
- Monica DAMIAN, 2011. "The Comparative Analysis Of The Monetary Policy Strategies Before The Adoption Of The Euro Currency And The Impact Upon The Maastricht Criteria," Journal of Applied Economic Sciences, Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Financial Management and Accounting Craiova, vol. 6(3(17)/ Fa), pages 222-229.
- Ralf Fendel, 2009. "A note on Taylor rules and the term structure," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(11), pages 1097-1101.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 1985. "Floating Exchange Rates: Experience and Prospects," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 16(2), pages 369-464.
- Petra Gerlach-Kristen & Barbara Rudolf, 2010.
"Macroeconomic and interest rate volatility under alternative monetary operating procedures,"
BIS Working Papers
319, Bank for International Settlements.
- Petra Gerlach-Kristen & Barbara Rudolf, 2010. "Macroeconomic and interest rate volatility under alternative monetary operating procedures," Working Papers 2010-12, Swiss National Bank.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Rajmund Mirdala, 2013.
"Real Output and Prices Adjustments Under Different Exchange Rate Regimes,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
wp1064, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Mirdala, Rajmund, 2013. "Real Output and Prices Adjustments under Different Exchange Rate Regimes," MPRA Paper 46879, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rajmund MIRDALA, 2015.
"Decomposing Euro Area Sovereign Debt Yields into Inflation Expectations and Expected Real Interest Rates,"
Journal of Advanced Research in Law and Economics, ASERS Publishing, vol. 6(4), pages 714-737.
- Mirdala, Rajmund, 2015. "Decomposing Euro Area Sovereign Debt Yields into Inflation Expectations and Expected Real Interest Rates," MPRA Paper 68866, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Nov 2015.
- Mirdala, Rajmund, 2012. "Macroeconomic Aspects of Real Exchange Rate Volatility in the Central European Countries," MPRA Paper 40910, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gerlach-Kristen, Petra & Rudolf, Barbara, 2010. "Financial shocks and the maturity of the monetary policy rate," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 107(3), pages 333-337, June.
- Mirdala, Rajmund, 2012. "Interest Rates Determination and Crisis Puzzle (Empirical Evidence from the European Transition Economies)," MPRA Paper 43756, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ramon Moreno, 2001. "Pegging and stabilization policy in developing countries," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 17-29.
- Patrick Honohan, 2007. "Dollarization and Exchange Rate Fluctuations," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp201, IIIS.
- Steiner, Andreas, 2013.
"The accumulation of foreign exchange by central banks: Fear of capital mobility?,"
Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 38(PB), pages 409-427.
- Andreas Steiner, 2010. "The Accumulation of Foreign Exchange by Central Banks: Fear of Capital Mobility?," IEER Working Papers 85, Institute of Empirical Economic Research, Osnabrueck University.
- Sebnem Kalemli-Ozcan & Herman Kamil & Carolina Villegas-Sanchez, 2016.
"What Hinders Investment in the Aftermath of Financial Crises: Insolvent Firms or Illiquid Banks?,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 98(4), pages 756-769, October.
- Sebnem Kalemli-Ozcan & Herman Kamil & Carolina Villegas-Sanchez, 2010. "What Hinders Investment in the Aftermath of Financial Crises: Insolvent Firms or Illiquid Banks?," NBER Working Papers 16528, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kalemli-Ozcan, Sebnem & Kamil, Herman & Villegas-Sanchez, Carolina, 2011. "What Hinders Investment in the Aftermath of Financial Crises: Insolvent Firms or Illiquid Banks?," CEPR Discussion Papers 8543, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ibrahim Ari & Muammer Koc, 2018. "Sustainable Financing for Sustainable Development: Understanding the Interrelations between Public Investment and Sovereign Debt," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(11), pages 1-25, October.
- Aaron Jackson & William Miles, 2008. "Fixed Exchange Rates and Disinflation in Emerging Markets: How Large Is the Effect?," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 144(3), pages 538-557, October.
- Kiptui, Moses, 2015. "Sources of Exchange Rate Fluctuations in Kenya: The Relative Importance of Real and Nominal Shocks," MPRA Paper 61515, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Caraiani, Petre, 2013. "Comparing monetary policy rules in CEE economies: A Bayesian approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 233-246.
- Carranza, Luis J. & Cayo, Juan M. & Galdon-Sanchez, Jose E., 2003.
"Exchange rate volatility and economic performance in Peru: a firm level analysis,"
Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 472-496, December.
- Luis Carranza & Juan M. Cayo & JosÃ© E. GaldÃ³n-SÃ¡nchez, 2003. "Exchange Rate Volatility and Economic Performance in Peru: A Firm Level Analysis," Faculty Working Papers 12/03, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Coudert, Virginie & Couharde, Cécile & Mignon, Valérie, 2015.
"On the impact of volatility on the real exchange rate – terms of trade nexus: Revisiting commodity currencies,"
Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 110-127.
- Virginie Coudert & Cécile Couharde & Valérie Mignon, 2015. "On the impact of volatility on the real exchange rate - terms of trade nexus: Revisiting commodity currencies," Post-Print hal-01385992, HAL.
- Balima, Wenéyam Hippolyte & Combes, Jean-Louis & Minea, Alexandru, 2017.
"Sovereign debt risk in emerging market economies: Does inflation targeting adoption make any difference?,"
Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 360-377.
- Weneyam Hippolyte Balima & Jean-Louis Combes & Alexandru Minea, 2017. "Sovereign debt risk in emerging market economies: Does inflation targeting adoption make any difference?," Post-Print halshs-01426508, HAL.
- Eduardo Fernandez-Arias & Peter Montiel, 2009.
"Crisis Response in Latin America: Is the "Rainy Day" at Hand?,"
Research Department Publications
4628, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Fernández-Arias, Eduardo & Montiel, Peter J., 2011. "Crisis Response in Latin America: Is the "Rainy Day" at Hand?," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1652, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Jong-Wha Lee & Kwanho Shin, 2010. "Exchange Rate Regimes and Economic Linkages," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(1), pages 1-23.
- Marcel Fratzscher & Arnaud Mehl, 2014.
"China's Dominance Hypothesis and the Emergence of a Tri‐polar Global Currency System,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 124(581), pages 1343-1370, December.
- Fratzscher, Marcel & Mehl, Arnaud, 2011. "China’s Dominance Hypothesis and the Emergence of a Tri-polar Global Currency System," CEPR Discussion Papers 8671, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Fratzscher, Marcel & Mehl, Arnaud, 2011. "China's dominance hypothesis and the emergence of a tri-polar global currency system," Working Paper Series 1392, European Central Bank.
- Zhanwei Z. Yue & Samir Jahjah, 2004. "Exchange Rate Policy and Sovereign Bond Spreads in Developing Countries," IMF Working Papers 2004/210, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
Keywordsinterest rates; structural shocks; exchange rate arrangements; economic crisis; VAR; impulse-response function;
All these keywords.
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBA-2015-02-22 (Central Banking)
- NEP-EEC-2015-02-22 (European Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2015-02-22 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2015-02-22 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-OPM-2015-02-22 (Open Economy Macroeconomics)
- NEP-TRA-2015-02-22 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:62031. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.