An Assessment of OECD Health Care System Using Panel Data Analysis
The health care delivery system of twenty five OECD nations is analyzed in this paper. This study seeks to assess the significance of various factors contributing to life expectancy and infant mortality for the 1990-2002 period. A fixed-effects panel data model was used to examine the factors influencing life expectancy and infant mortality. More specifically the impact of economic, institutional, and social factors in determining the dependent variables are measured and evaluated.
|Date of creation:||05 Dec 2007|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bloom, David E. & Canning, David & Sevilla, Jaypee, 2004. "The Effect of Health on Economic Growth: A Production Function Approach," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 1-13, January.
- Pritchett, Lant & Summers, Lawrence H., 1993.
"Wealthier is healthier,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1150, The World Bank.
- N. Murthy, 2006. "Health Status and Income Inequality: Evidence from OECD Countries," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 34(2), pages 237-238, June.
- Albert Okunade & Chutima Suraratdecha, 2000. "Health care expenditure inertia in the OECD countries: A heterogeneous analysis," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 31-42, January.
- repec:gdm:wpaper:1306 is not listed on IDEAS
- James W. Shaw & William C. Horrace & Ronald J. Vogel, 2005. "The Determinants of Life Expectancy: An Analysis of the OECD Health Data," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 71(4), pages 768-783, April.
- repec:eme:ijsepp:v:31:y:2004:i:1/2:p:195-207 is not listed on IDEAS
- Garry MacDonald & Sandra Hopkins, 2002. "Unit root properties of OECD health care expenditure and GDP data," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(4), pages 371-376.
- Chamberlain, Gary, 1982. "Multivariate regression models for panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 5-46, January.
- Chamberlain, Gary, 1984. "Panel data," Handbook of Econometrics, in: Z. Griliches† & M. D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 22, pages 1247-1318 Elsevier.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:6122. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.