Inequalities in Income and Inequalities in Health
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- James P. Smith, 1999. "Healthy Bodies and Thick Wallets: The Dual Relation between Health and Economic Status," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(2), pages 145-166, Spring.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David Cantarero & Marta Pascual & Jose Maria Sarabia, 2004. "Can income inequality contribute to understand inequalities in health? An empirical approach based on the European Community Household Panel," ERSA conference papers ersa04p230, European Regional Science Association.
- Daniel G. Sullivan & Till von Wachter, 2006.
"Mortality, mass-layoffs, and career outcomes: an analysis using administrative data,"
Working Paper Series
WP-06-21, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Daniel Sullivan & Till von Wachter, 2007. "Mortality, Mass-Layoffs, and Career Outcomes: An Analysis using Administrative Data," NBER Working Papers 13626, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David E. Sahn, 2012.
"Health Inequality across Populations of Individuals,"
African Development Review,
African Development Bank, vol. 24(4), pages 316-326, December.
- David Sahn, 2012. "Health Inequality across Populations of Individuals," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 24(4), pages 316-326.
- David Sahn, 2012. "Health Inequality across Populations of Individuals," Post-Print halshs-00785681, HAL.
- David SAHN, 2012. "Health Inequality across Populations of Individuals," Working Papers 201228, CERDI.
- Orazio Attanasio & Carl Emmerson, 2001. "Differential mortality in the UK," IFS Working Papers W01/16, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Carlos Bethencourt & Vincenzo Galasso, "undated".
"On the Political Complementarity between Health Care and Social Security,"
184, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Bethencourt Marrero, Carlos & Galasso, Vincenzo, 2001. "On the Political Complementarity Between Health Care and Social Security," CEPR Discussion Papers 2788, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Janet Currie & Mark Stabile, 2003. "Socioeconomic Status and Child Health: Why Is the Relationship Stronger for Older Children?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(5), pages 1813-1823, December.
- Lindley & Lorgelly, 2005.
"The relative income hypothesis: does it exist over time? Evidence from the BHPS,"
Labor and Demography
- Joanne Kathryn Lindley & Paula Lorgelly, 2005. "The relative income hypothesis: does it exist over time? Evidence from the BHPS," Working Papers 2005013, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics, revised Jun 2005.
- Jennifer M. Mellor & Jeffrey Milyo, 1999. "Re-Examining the Evidence of an Ecological Association between Income Inequality and Health," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 9922, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Jennifer Montez & Robert Hummer & Mark Hayward, 2012. "Educational Attainment and Adult Mortality in the United States: A Systematic Analysis of Functional Form," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 49(1), pages 315-336, February.
- Oded Galor & David Mayer-Foulkes, 2004. "Food for Thought: Basic Needs and Persistent Educational Inequality," GE, Growth, Math methods 0410002, EconWPA.
- Wang, Limin, 2002. "Health outcomes in poor countries and policy options : empirical findings from demographic and health surveys," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2831, The World Bank.
- F Le R Booysen, 2002. "Poverty and Health in Southern Africa:Evidence from the Demographic and Health Survey (DHS)," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 70(2), pages 181-192, March.
- Kenya Valeria M. S. Noronha & M™nica Viegas Andrade, 2002. "Desigualdades sociais em saúde: evidências empíricas sobre o caso brasileiro," Textos para Discussão Cedeplar-UFMG td171, Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- David Cantarero & Marta Pascual & Jose Maria Sarabia, 2005. "Effects of income inequality on population health: new evidence from the european community household panel," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(1), pages 87-91.
- Nakamura, Sayaka, 2014. "Parental income and child health in Japan," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 42-55.
- Tamara Tonoyan, 2005. "Poverty, Inequality and Health: А case study of Armenia," Departmental Discussion Papers 124, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Lhila, Aparna & Simon, Kosali I., 2010. "Relative deprivation and child health in the USA," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 71(4), pages 777-785, August.
- Pradhan, Menno & Sahn, David E. & Younger, Stephen D., 2003. "Decomposing world health inequality," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 271-293, March.
- David E. Sahn & Stephen D. Younger, 2009. "Measuring intra‐household health inequality: explorations using the body mass index," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(S1), pages 13-36, April.
- Heather L. Bednarek & Rowena A. Pecchenino & Sally C. Stearns, 2008. "Do Your Neighbors Influence Your Health?," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 10(2), pages 301-315, April.
- Rickardsson, Jonna & Mellander, Charlotta, 2017. "Absolute vs Relative Income and Life Satisfaction," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 451, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Delfin Go & Denis Nikitin & Xiongjian Wang & Heng-fu Zou, 2007.
"Poverty and Inequality in Sub-Saharan Africa: Literature Survey and Empirical Assessment,"
Annals of Economics and Finance,
Society for AEF, vol. 8(2), pages 251-304, November.
- Delfin Go & Denis Nikitin & Xiongjian Wang & Heng-fu Zou, 2011. "Poverty and Inequality in Sub-Saharan Africa: Literature Survey and Empirical Assessment," CEMA Working Papers 485, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Janet Currie & Mark Stabile, 2002. "Socioeconomic Status and Health: Why is the Relationship Stronger for Older Children?," NBER Working Papers 9098, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marislei Nishijima & Alexandre Sartoris, "undated". "Determinants of Health in the City of Sao Paulo: A Spatial Approach," EcoMod2007 23900060, EcoMod.
- Martin, Marie-Claude, 2008. "Individual and Collective Resources and Health in Morocco," WIDER Working Paper Series 021, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-1999-06-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-1999-06-08 (Health Economics)
- NEP-LAB-1999-06-08 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-PBE-1999-06-08 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PKE-1999-06-08 (Post Keynesian Economics)
- NEP-PUB-1999-06-08 (Public Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:7141. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .