Human Health and Foreign Direct Investment Nexus: Evidence from South Asia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Muhammad Arshad Khan & Shujaat Ali Khan, 2011.
"Foreign Direct Investment and Economic Growth in Pakistan: A Sectoral Analysis,"
2011:67, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Muhammad Arshad Khan & Shujaat Ali Khan, 2012. "Foreign Direct Investment and Economic Growth in Pakistan: A Sectoral Analysis," Working Papers id:4683, eSocialSciences.
- Céline Azémar & Rodolphe Desbordes, 2009.
"Public Governance, Health and Foreign Direct Investment in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 18(4), pages 667-709, August.
- Céline Azémar & Rodolphe Desbordes, 2008. "Public Governance, Health and Foreign Direct Investment in Sub-Saharan Africa," Working Papers 2009_04, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Desbordes, Rodolphe & AzÃ©mar, CÃ©line, 2008. "Public Governance, Health and Foreign Direct Investment in Sub-Saharan Africa," SIRE Discussion Papers 2008-23, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Hafiz Muhammad Abubakar Siddique & Ghulam Mohey-ud-din & Adiqa Kiani, 2018. "Health, Education and Economic Growth Nexus: Evidence from Middle Income Countries," Global Social Sciences Review, Humanity Only, vol. 3(4), pages 68-86, December.
- Muhammad Shahbaz & Nanthakumar Loganathan & Nooreen Mujahid & Amjad Ali & Ahmed Nawaz, 2016.
"Determinants of Life Expectancy and its Prospects Under the Role of Economic Misery: A Case of Pakistan,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement,
Springer, vol. 126(3), pages 1299-1316, April.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Loganathan, Nanthakumar & Mujahid, Nooreen & Ali, Amjad & Nawaz, Ahmed, 2015. "Determinants of Life Expectancy and its Prospects under the Role of Economic Misery: A Case of Pakistan," MPRA Paper 67167, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 Oct 2015.
- M. T. Magombeyi & N. M. Odhiambo, 2017. "Does Foreign Direct Investment Reduce Poverty? Empirical Evidence From Tanzania," SPOUDAI Journal of Economics and Business, SPOUDAI Journal of Economics and Business, University of Piraeus, vol. 67(2), pages 101-116, April-Jun.
- Narayan, Seema & Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Mishra, Sagarika, 2010.
"Investigating the relationship between health and economic growth: Empirical evidence from a panel of 5 Asian countries,"
Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 404-411, August.
- Narayan, Seema & Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Mishra, Sagarika, 2010. "Investigating the relationship between health and economic growth: empirical evidence from a panel of 5 Asian countries," Working Papers eco_2010_08, Deakin University, Department of Economics.
- Anthony Strittmatter & Uwe Sunde, 2013.
"Health and economic development—evidence from the introduction of public health care,"
Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 26(4), pages 1549-1584, October.
- Strittmatter, Anthony & Sunde, Uwe, 2011. "Health and Economic Development: Evidence from the Introduction of Public Health Care," IZA Discussion Papers 5901, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Strittmatter, Anthony & Sunde, Uwe, 2013. "Health and economic development-evidence from the introduction of public health care," Munich Reprints in Economics 19593, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Strittmatter, Anthony & Sunde, Uwe, 2011. "Health and Economic Development - Evidence from the Introduction of Public Health Care," Economics Working Paper Series 1132, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Garima Malik, 2006. "An Examination of the Relationship between Health and Economic Growth," Macroeconomics Working Papers 22173, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Md. Samsul Alam & Syed Ali Raza & Muhammad Shahbaz & Qaisar Abbas, 2016. "Accounting for Contribution of Trade Openness and Foreign Direct Investment in Life Expectancy: The Long-Run and Short-Run Analysis in Pakistan," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 129(3), pages 1155-1170, December.
- Mohan, Ramesh & Mirmirani, Sam, 2007. "An Assessment of OECD Health Care System Using Panel Data Analysis," MPRA Paper 6122, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abubakar Siddique, Hafiz Muhammad & Usman, Sadaf & Ishaq, Junaid, 2018. "Financial Development and Economic Growth:The Role of Energy Consumption," Journal of Quantitative Methods, University of Management and Technology, Lahore, Pakistan, vol. 2(2), pages 43-55.
- Borensztein, E. & De Gregorio, J. & Lee, J-W., 1998.
"How does foreign direct investment affect economic growth?1,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 115-135, June.
- Eduardo Borensztein & Jose De Gregorio & Jong-Wha Lee, 1995. "How Does Foreign Direct Investment Affect Economic Growth?," NBER Working Papers 5057, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Garima Malik, 2006. "An Examination of the relationship between Health and Economic Growth," Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations, New Delhi Working Papers 185, Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations, New Delhi, India.
- Albu, Lucian Liviu, 2013. "Foreign Trade and FDI as Main Factors of Growth in the EU," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(2), pages 7-17, June.
- Herzer, Dierk & Nunnenkamp, Peter, 2012. "FDI and health in developed economies: A panel cointegration analysis," Kiel Working Papers 1756, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Burns, Darren K. & Jones, Andrew P. & Goryakin, Yevgeniy & Suhrcke, Marc, 2017. "Is foreign direct investment good for health in low and middle income countries? An instrumental variable approach," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 181(C), pages 74-82.
- Rivera, Berta & Currais, Luis, 1999. "Income Variation and Health Expenditure: Evidence for OECD Countries," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(3), pages 258-267, October.
- Korbinian Nagel & Dierk Herzer & Peter Nunnenkamp, 2015. "How Does FDI Affect Health?," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(4), pages 655-679, December.
- Dr. Najia Saqib & Maryam Masnoon & Nabeel Rafique, 2013. "Impact of Foreign Direct Investment on Economic Growth of Pakistan," Advances in Management and Applied Economics, SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 3(1), pages 1-3.
More about this item
KeywordsHuman health; FDI; Education; Income; Fixed effects model; South Asia.;
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:asi:adprev:2019:p:209-218. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chan Hoi Yan). General contact details of provider: http://www.aessweb.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.