FDI and Economic Growth: The Role of Natural Resources
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Arshad Hayat, 2014. "FDI and Economic Growth: The Role of Natural Resources," Working Papers IES 2014/36, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Dec 2014.
References listed on IDEAS
- Steven Poelhekke & Frederick van der Ploeg, 2013. "Do Natural Resources Attract Nonresource FDI?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 95(3), pages 1047-1065, July.
- Bengoa, Marta & Sanchez-Robles, Blanca, 2003. "Foreign direct investment, economic freedom and growth: new evidence from Latin America," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 529-545, September.
- Cameron,A. Colin & Trivedi,Pravin K., 2005. "Microeconometrics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521848053.
- Havranek, Tomas & Irsova, Zuzana, 2011. "Estimating vertical spillovers from FDI: Why results vary and what the true effect is," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 234-244.
- Kottaridi, Constantina & Stengos, Thanasis, 2010.
"Foreign direct investment, human capital and non-linearities in economic growth,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 858-871, September.
- Thanasis Stengos & Costantina Kottaridi, 2008. "Foreign Direct Investment, Human Capital And Nonlinearities In Economic Growth," Working Paper series 20_08, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Constantina Kottaridi & Thanasis Stengos, 2008. "Foreign Direct Investment, human capital and non-linearities in economic growth," Working Papers 019, University of Peloponnese, Department of Economics.
- De Rosa, Donato & Iootty, Mariana, 2012. "Are natural resources cursed ? an investigation of the dynamic effects of resource dependence on institutional quality," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6151, The World Bank.
- Borensztein, E. & De Gregorio, J. & Lee, J-W., 1998.
"How does foreign direct investment affect economic growth?1,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 115-135, June.
- Eduardo Borensztein & Jose De Gregorio & Jong-Wha Lee, 1995. "How Does Foreign Direct Investment Affect Economic Growth?," NBER Working Papers 5057, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Filippo Reganati & Rosanna Pittiglio & Edgardo Sica, 2008. "Horizontal And Vertical Spillovers From Fdi In The Italian Productive System," Quaderni DSEMS 08-2008, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche, Matematiche e Statistiche, Universita' di Foggia.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- hayat, arshad, 2017. "FDI and economic growth: Evidence on the Role of the Size of Natural Resource Sector," MPRA Paper 76205, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:asi:ijoass:2018:p:1027-1038 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:eurasi:v:8:y:2018:i:4:d:10.1007_s40821-017-0095-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hayat, Arshad & Cahlik, Tomas, 2017. "FDI and Economic Growth: A Changing Relationship Across Country and Overtime," MPRA Paper 78240, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsForeign Direct Investment; Economic Growth; Natural Resources; Resource Curse; Hausman Test;
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
- O4 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity
- Q0 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-FDG-2014-07-05 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-GRO-2014-07-05 (Economic Growth)
- NEP-INT-2014-07-05 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:57021. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.