Do Remittances Reach Households Living in Unfavorable Climate Areas? Evidence from the Republic of Yemen
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Adama Konseiga, 2007.
"Household Migration Decisions as Survival Strategy: The Case of Burkina Faso,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 16(2), pages 198-233, March.
- Konseiga, Adama, 2005. "Household Migration Decisions as Survival Strategy: The Case of Burkina Faso," IZA Discussion Papers 1819, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Binzel, Christine & Assaad, Ragui, 2011.
"Egyptian men working abroad: Labour supply responses by the women left behind,"
Elsevier, vol. 18(S1), pages 98-114.
- Binzel, Christine & Assaad, Ragui, 2011. "Egyptian Men Working Abroad: Labor Supply Responses by the Women Left Behind," IZA Discussion Papers 5589, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Halliday, Timothy, 2006.
"Migration, Risk, and Liquidity Constraints in El Salvador,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(4), pages 893-925, July.
- Timothy Halliday, 2005. "Migration, Risk and Liquidity Constraints in El Salvador," Working Papers 200511, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics, revised 28 Mar 2006.
- World Bank, 2010. "Yemen - Assessing the Impacts of Climate Change and Variability on the Water and Agricultural Sectors and the Policy Implications," World Bank Other Operational Studies 2943, The World Bank.
- World Bank, 2011.
"Poor Places, Thriving People : How the Middle East and North Africa Can Rise Above Spatial Disparities
[Lieux pauvres, populations prospères : Comment le Moyen-Orient et l'Afrique du Nord peuvent s," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2255.
- David McKenzie & Hillel Rapoport, 2010.
"Self-Selection Patterns in Mexico-U.S. Migration: The Role of Migration Networks,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 92(4), pages 811-821, November.
- David McKenzie & Hillel Rapoport, 2007. "Self-selection patterns in Mexico-U.S. migration: The role of migration networks," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 0701, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- McKenzie, David & Rapoport, Hillel, 2007. "Self-selection patterns in Mexico-U.S. migration : the role of migration networks," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4118, The World Bank.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- HwaJung Choi, 2007.
"Are Remittances Insurance? Evidence from Rainfall Shocks in the Philippines,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 21(2), pages 219-248, May.
- Dean Yang & HwaJung Choi, 2005. "Are Remittances Insurance? Evidence from Rainfall Shocks in the Philippines," Working Papers 535, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wodon, Quentin & Liverani, Andrea, 2014. "Climate Change and Migration in the MENA Region: An Overview," MPRA Paper 56926, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wodon, Quentin & Burger, Nicholas & Grant, Audra & Liverani, Andrea, 2014. "Climate Change, Migration, and Adaptation in the MENA Region," MPRA Paper 56927, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsClimate change; Remittances; Migration; Yemen;
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-07-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2014-07-05 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-MIG-2014-07-05 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:56939. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .