Foresight methodologies to understand changes in the labour process: Experience from Portugal
The foresight and scenario building methods can be an interesting reference for social sciences, especially in terms of innovative methods for labour process analysis. A scenario – as a central concept for the prospective analysis – can be considered as a rich and detailed portrait of a plausible future world. It can be a useful tool for policy-makers to grasp problems clearly and comprehensively, and to better pinpoint challenges as well as opportunities in an overall framework. The features of the foresight methods are being used in some labour policy making experiences. Case studies developed in Portugal will be presented, and some conclusions will be drawn in order to organise a set of principles for foresight analysis applied to the European project WORKS on the work organisation re-structuring in the knowledge society, and on the work design methods for new management structures of virtual organisations.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2006|
|Date of revision:||Nov 2006|
|Publication status:||Published in Enterprise and Work Innovation Studies 2 (2006): pp. 105-116|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kuhlmann, Stefan, 2001. "Future governance of innovation policy in Europe -- three scenarios," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 953-976, June.
- repec:ucp:bkecon:9780226702766 is not listed on IDEAS
- António B. Moniz, 2006.
"Foresight methodologies to understand changes in the labour process. Experience from Portugal,"
Enterprise and Work Innovation Studies,
Universidade Nova de Lisboa, IET/CICS.NOVA-Interdisciplinary Centre on Social Sciences, Faculty of Science and Technology, vol. 2(2), pages 105-116, November.
- Moniz, António, 2006. "Foresight methodologies to understand changes in the labour process: Experience from Portugal," MPRA Paper 5686, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Nov 2006.
- Ragin, Charles C., 2000. "Fuzzy-Set Social Science," University of Chicago Press Economics Books, University of Chicago Press, edition 1, number 9780226702773.
- Moniz, António & Godinho, Manuel M., 2000. "New Methodological Approaches for Change in Traditional Sectors: The Case of the Portuguese Fisheries Socio-Economic System," MPRA Paper 6444, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Apr 2000.
- Moniz, António, 2004.
"Resultados provisórios do exercício Delphi WorTiS (1ª fase)
[Provisional results of the 1st round of Delphi WorTiS exercise]," MPRA Paper 5936, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Nov 2007.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:5686. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.