Do open access articles in economics have a citation advantage?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Craig, Iain D. & Plume, Andrew M. & McVeigh, Marie E. & Pringle, James & Amin, Mayur, 2007. "Do open access articles have greater citation impact?," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 239-248.
- David W. Johnston & Marco Piatti & Benno Torgler, 2013.
"Citation success over time: theory or empirics?,"
Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 95(3), pages 1023-1029, June.
- Johnston, David W. & Piatti, Marco & Torgler, Benno, 2012. "Citation Success Over Time: Theory or Empirics?," Economy and Society 130901, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- David W. Johnston & Marco Piatti & Benno Torgler, 2012. "Citation Success Over Time: Theory or Empirics?," CREMA Working Paper Series 2012-05, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- David W. Johnston & Marco Piatti & Benno Torgler, 2012. "Citation Success Over Time: Theory or Empirics?," Working Papers 2012.55, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Seiler, Christian & Wohlrabe, Klaus, 2012.
"Ranking economists on the basis of many indicators: An alternative approach using RePEc data,"
Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 389-402.
- Christian Seiler & Klaus Wohlrabe, 2011. "Ranking Economists and Economic Institutions Using RePEc: Some Remarks," ifo Working Paper Series 96, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Christian Seiler & Klaus Wohlrabe, 2011. "Ranking Economists on the Basis of Many Indicators: An Alternative Approach Using RePEc Data," CESifo Working Paper Series 3691, CESifo.
- Gaulé, Patrick & Maystre, Nicolas, 2011.
"Getting cited: Does open access help?,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(10), pages 1332-1338.
- Patrick Gaulé & Nicolas Maystre, 2008. "Getting cited: does open access help?," CEMI Working Papers cemi-workingpaper-2008-00, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Collège du Management de la Technologie, Management of Technology and Entrepreneurship Institute, Chaire en Economie et Management de l'Innovation.
- Pierre-Philippe Combes & Laurent Linnemer, 2010. "Inferring Missing Citations: A Quantitative Multi-Criteria Ranking of all Journals in Economics," Working Papers halshs-00520325, HAL.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maja Jokić & Andrea Mervar & Stjepan Mateljan, 2018. "Scientific potential of European fully open access journals," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 114(3), pages 1373-1394, March.
- Yang Li & Chaojiang Wu & Erjia Yan & Kai Li, 2018. "Will open access increase journal CiteScores? An empirical investigation over multiple disciplines," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 13(8), pages 1-21, August.
More about this item
KeywordsOpen Access; Citations; Web of Science; RePEc; Google Scholar;
- A12 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Other Disciplines
- A14 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Sociology of Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ICT-2014-07-05 (Information & Communication Technologies)
- NEP-NET-2014-07-05 (Network Economics)
- NEP-SOG-2014-07-05 (Sociology of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:56842. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.