Inferring Missing Citations: A Quantitative Multi-Criteria Ranking of all Journals in Economics
This paper presents a novel ranking of economics journals. Our methodology is the following. First, we construct an index to rank the 304 journals recorded in the Thomson Reuters (JCR) database, for which citation counts exist. This index combines (sophisticated) citation indexes, field of specialization normalized indexes, and a h-index based on Google Scholar citations. Moreover this index puts forward journals in economics. Second, we extend this index to the 898 EconLit non JCR journals. We estimate a model in which the index is explained by the score of the journal's authors and its Google Scholar citations. Finally we use the estimated model to predict the value of the index for the non JCR journals. Therefore we obtain a consistent ranking index of all EconLit journals.
|Date of creation:||22 Sep 2010|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00520325|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Klaus Ritzberger, 2008. "A Ranking of Journals in Economics and Related Fields," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 9, pages 402-430, November.
- Pierre-Philippe Combes & Laurent Linnemer, 1999.
"La publication d’articles de recherche en économie en France,"
99-68, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Pierre-Philippe Combes & Laurent Linnemer, 2001. "La publication d'articles de recherche en économie en France," Annals of Economics and Statistics, GENES, issue 62, pages 5-47.
- Volij, Oscar & Palacios-Huerta, Ignacio, 2004.
"The Measurment of Intellectual Influence,"
Staff General Research Papers Archive
10797, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Pantelis Kalaitzidakis & Theofanis P Mamuneas & Thanasis Stengos, 2001.
"Rankings of Academic Journals and Institutions in Economics,"
Discussion Papers in Economics
01/8, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Pantelis Kalaitzidakis & Theofanis P. Mamuneas & Thanasis Stengos, 2003. "Rankings of Academic Journals and Institutions in Economics," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 1(6), pages 1346-1366, December.
- Pierre-Philippe Combes & Laurent Linnemer, 2003. "Where are the Economists Who Publish? Publication Concentration and Rankings in Europe Based on Cumulative Publications," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 1(6), pages 1250-1308, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:halshs-00520325. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.