Does Working Longer Make People Healthier and Happier?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Esteban Calvo, 2006. "Does Working Longer Make People Healthier and Happier," Work Opportunity Briefs wob_2, Center for Retirement Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kelly M. Everard & Helen W. Lach & Edwin B. Fisher & M. Carolyn Baum, 2000. "Relationship of Activity and Social Support to the Functional Health of Older Adults," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 55(4), pages 208-212.
- Karl Kosloski & David Ekerdt & Stanley DeViney, 2001. "The Role of Job-Related Rewards in Retirement Planning," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 56(3), pages 160-169.
- Nancy Morrow-Howell & Jim Hinterlong & Philip A. Rozario & Fengyan Tang, 2003. "Effects of Volunteering on the Well-Being of Older Adults," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 58(3), pages 137-145.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alicia H. Munnell & Steven A. Sass, 2007. "The Labor Supply of Older Americans," Working Papers, Center for Retirement Research at Boston College wp2007-12, Center for Retirement Research, revised Jun 2007.
- Milena Nikolova & Carol Graham, 2014. "Employment, late-life work, retirement, and well-being in Europe and the United States," IZA Journal of European Labor Studies, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 3(1), pages 1-30, December.
- Barbara A Butrica & Karen Elizabeth Smith & C. Eugene Steuerle, 2006. "Working for a Good Retirement," Working Papers, Center for Retirement Research at Boston College wp2006-8, Center for Retirement Research, revised May 2006.
- Esteban Calvo & Kelly Haverstick & Steven A. Sass, 2007.
"What Makes Retirees Happier: A Gradual or 'Cold Turkey' Retirement?,"
Working Papers, Center for Retirement Research at Boston College
wp2007-18, Center for Retirement Research, revised Oct 2007.
- Calvo, Esteban & Haverstick, Kelly & Sass, Steven, 2007. "What Makes Retirees Happier: A Gradual or 'Cold Turkey' Retirement?," MPRA Paper 5607, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yeniaras, Volkan & Akkemik, K. Ali & Yucel, Eray, 2016. "Re-considering the linkage between the antecedents and consequences of happiness," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 176-191.
- Maja Tadic & Wido Oerlemans & Arnold Bakker & Ruut Veenhoven, 2013. "Daily Activities and Happiness in Later Life: The Role of Work Status," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 14(5), pages 1507-1527, October.
- Patrick Button, 2017. "Seniors for Hire? Age Discrimination, "Sex-Plus-Age" Discrimination, and the Effectiveness of Age Discrimination Laws," Working Papers 1715, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
- Calvo, Esteban & Martorell, Bernardo, 2008.
"La salud del adulto mayor en Chile: Una responsabilidad compartida por las personas, las empresas y el Estado
[The health of older adults in Chile: a responsibility shared by individuals, companies," MPRA Paper 48955, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Perera, G. & Di Gessa, G. & Corna, L. M. & Glaser, K. & Stewart, R., 2017. "Paid employment and common mental disorders in 50–64-year olds: analysis of three cross-sectional nationally representative survey samples in 1993, 2000 and 2007," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 84652, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
More about this item
Keywordswork; retirement; health; happiness; mortality; well-being; old age; policy; job satisfaction; control;
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
- J26 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Retirement; Retirement Policies
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- J28 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Safety; Job Satisfaction; Related Public Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2007-11-10 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2007-11-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-HAP-2007-11-10 (Economics of Happiness)
- NEP-HEA-2007-11-10 (Health Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2007-11-10 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:5606. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.