Szpilrajn-type extensions of fuzzy quasiorderings
The problem of embedding incomplete into complete relations has been an important topic of research in the context of crisp relations. After Szpilrajn’s result, several variations have been published. Alcantud studied in 2009 the case where the extension is asked to satisfy some order conditions between elements. He first studied and solved a particular formulation where conditions are imposed in terms of strict preference only, which helps to precisely identify which quasiorderings can be extended when we allow for additional conditions in terms of indifference too. In this contribution we generalize both results to the fuzzy case.
|Date of creation:||12 Jul 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- BOSSERT, Walter & SPRUMONT, Yves & SUZUMURA, Kotaro, 2002.
"Upper Semicontinuous Extensions of Binary Relations,"
Cahiers de recherche
2002-01, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Bossert, Walter & Sprumont, Yves & Suzumura, Kotaro, 2002. "Upper semicontinuous extensions of binary relations," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 231-246, May.
- Walter Bossert & Yves Sprumont & Kotaro Suzumura, 2002. "Upper Semicontinuous Extensions of Binary Relations," Discussion Paper Series a423, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Donaldson, David & Weymark, John A., 1998. "A Quasiordering Is the Intersection of Orderings," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 382-387, February.
- Yi, Gyoseob, 1993. "Continuous extension of preferences," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 547-555.
- Jaffray, Jean-Yves, 1975. "Semicontinuous extension of a partial order," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 395-406, December.
- Herden, Gerhard & Pallack, Andreas, 2002. "On the continuous analogue of the Szpilrajn Theorem I," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 115-134, March.
- José Alcantud, 2009. "Conditional ordering extensions," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 39(3), pages 495-503, June.
- Suzumura, Kataro, 1976. "Remarks on the Theory of Collective Choice," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 43(172), pages 381-90, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:50547. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.