Local Entrepreneurship in Vietnam’s Rural Transformation. A Case Study from the Mekong Delta
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Vijverberg, WimP. M. & Haughton, Jonathan, 2002. "Household enterprises in Vietnam : survival, growth, and living standards," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2773, The World Bank.
- Oostendorp, Remco H. & Trung, Tran Quoc & Tung, Nguyen Thanh, 2009. "The Changing Role of Non-Farm Household Enterprises in Vietnam," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 632-644, March.
- World Bank, 2005. "Vietnam Business : Vietnam Development Report 2006," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8314, The World Bank.
- Frank Ellis, 1998. "Household strategies and rural livelihood diversification," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(1), pages 1-38.
- Mead, Donald C. & Liedholm, Carl, 1998. "The dynamics of micro and small enterprises in developing countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 61-74, January.
- Stoyan Tenev & Amanda Carlier & Omar Chaudry & Quynh-Trang Nguyen, 2003. "Informality and the Playing Field in Vietnam's Business Sector," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15084.
- Akram-Lodhi, A.H., 2001. "Vietnam's agriculture: is there an inverse relationship?," ISS Working Papers - General Series 19096, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Anna Folke Larsen & John Rand & Nina Torm, 2011.
"Do Recruitment Ties Affect Wages? An Analysis using Matched Employer–Employee Data from Vietnam,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(3), pages 541-555, August.
- Anna Folke Larsen & John Rand & Nina Torm, 2011. "Do recruitment ties affect wages? An analysis using matched employer-employee data from Vietnam," IFRO Working Paper 2011/4, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Rand, John & Torm, Nina, 2012. "The Benefits of Formalization: Evidence from Vietnamese Manufacturing SMEs," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 983-998.
- Rand, John & Tarp, Finn & Cuong, Tran Tien & Tam, Nguyen Thanh, 2008. "SME Fringe Benefits Provision," MPRA Paper 29469, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Henrik Hansen & John Rand & Finn Tarp, 2009. "Enterprise Growth and Survival in Vietnam: Does Government Support Matter?," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(7), pages 1048-1069, August.
- Jürgen Brünjes & Javier Revilla Diez, 2013. "‘Recession push’ and ‘prosperity pull’ entrepreneurship in a rural developing context," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(3-4), pages 251-271, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Newman Carol & Kinghan Christina, 2015. "Economic transformation and the diversification of livelihoods in rural Viet Nam," WIDER Working Paper Series 064, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
KeywordsEntrepreneurship development; SME; rural transformation; Mekong Delta; Vietnam;
- O14 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-09-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-SEA-2013-09-24 (South East Asia)
- NEP-TRA-2013-09-24 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:49866. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .