City branding is a relatively new topic gaining extreme interest and a promising and practical field of marketing. Due to global competition, even more regions and cities around the world, are seeking solutions in place branding’s methods and practices, which now consists a main urban development tool. Having a significant amount of information, the study will focus on the city of Stockholm. Being capital of Sweden and city with strong economic and political background, the case study will focus on the factors which contribute to an attractive external image. Studying its economic structure, business environment, educational system, how residents and foreigners see and respect the city, as well as the existing city branding methods, we will try to identify the way in which city will be attractive in tourists, investors and residents, as well as whether the city manages to fulfill its objectives about Vision 2030, targeting on a “World-Class city”.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Donald Haider, 1992. "Place Wars: New Realities of the 1990s," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 6(2), pages 127-134, May.
- Kindra, G. S. & Strizzi, Nicolino & Mansor, Norma, 1998. "The role of marketing in FDI generation: evidence from ASEAN countries," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 399-421, August.
- Mihalis Kavaratzis & G. J. Ashworth, 2005. "City Branding: An Effective Assertion Of Identity Or A Transitory Marketing Trick?," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 96(5), pages 506-514, December.
- Steven Saeger, 1997. "Globalization and deindustrialization: Myth and reality in the OECD," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 133(4), pages 579-608, December.
- Cova, Bernard, 1996. "The postmodern explained to managers: Implications for marketing," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 15-23.
- Sandberg, Åke & Augustsson, Fredrik & Lintala, Anne, 2007. "IT and telecom companies in Kista Science City, Northern Stockholm," MPRA Paper 10743, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cecilia Wong, 1998. "Determining Factors for Local Economic Development: The Perception of Practitioners in the North West and Eastern Regions of the UK," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(8), pages 707-720.
- Graham Hooley & Tony Cox & David Shipley & John Fahy & Jozsef Beracs & Kriztina Kolos, 1996. "Foreign Direct Investment in Hungary: Resource Acquisition and Domestic Competitive Advantage," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 27(4), pages 683-709, December.
- Alex Deffner & Theodore Metaxas, 2005. "Shaping the vision, the identity and the cultural image of European places," ERSA conference papers ersa05p696, European Regional Science Association.
- Kevin R. Cox, 2008. "Globalization, uneven development and capital: reflections on reading Thomas Friedman's The World Is Flat," Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 1(3), pages 389-410.
- Bevan, Alan & Estrin, Saul & Meyer, Klaus, 2004. "Foreign investment location and institutional development in transition economies," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 43-64, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:48118. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.