Do “good neighbors” enhance regional performances in including disabled people in the labour market? A spatial Markov chain approach
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- M. Agovino, 2014. "Do “good neighbors” enhance regional performances in including disabled people in the labor market? A spatial Markov chain approach," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 53(1), pages 93-121, August.
References listed on IDEAS
- Daniela Schettini & Carlos Roberto Azzoni & Antonio PÃ¡ez, 2011. "Neighborhood and Efficiency in Manufacturing in Brazilian Regions: a Spatial Markov Chain Analysis," ERSA conference papers ersa10p1052, European Regional Science Association.
- Jones, Melanie K. & Latreille, Paul L. & Sloane, Peter J., 2007. "Disability and Work: A Review of the British Evidence," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 25, pages 473-498, Abril.
- Daron Acemoglu & Joshua D. Angrist, 2001.
"Consequences of Employment Protection? The Case of the Americans with Disabilities Act,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 109(5), pages 915-957, October.
- Daron Acemoglu & Joshua Angrist, 1998. "Consequences of Employment Protection? The Case of the Americans with Disabilities Act," NBER Working Papers 6670, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daron Acemoglu & Joshua Angrist, 1998. "Consequences of Employment Protection? The Case of the Americans with Disabilities Act," Working papers 98-13, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- M. Agovino & A. Rapposelli, 2013. "Inclusion of disabled people in the Italian labour market: an efficiency analysis of law 68/1999 at regional level," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 47(3), pages 1577-1588, April.
- Melanie K. Jones & Peter J. Sloane, 2010. "Disability and Skill Mismatch," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 86(s1), pages 101-114, September.
- Latreille, Paul L. & Sloane, Peter J., 2003. "Disability, Gender and the Labour Market," IZA Discussion Papers 936, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Massimiliano Agovino & Agnese Rapposelli, 2014. "Employment of disabled people in the private sector. An analysis at the level of Italian Provinces according to article 13 of law 68/1999," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 48(3), pages 1537-1552, May.
- Maria Francesca Cracolici & Miranda Cuffaro & Peter Nijkamp, 2007.
"Geographical Distribution of Unemployment: An Analysis of Provincial Differences in Italy,"
Growth and Change,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(4), pages 649-670.
- Cracolici, M. Francesca & Cuffaro, Miranda & Nijkamp, Peter, 2007. "Geographical distribution of unemployment: an analysis of provincial differences in Italy," Serie Research Memoranda 0001, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Maria Francesca Cracolici & Miranda Cuffaro & Peter Nijkamp, 2007. "Geographical Distribution of Unemployment: An Analysis of Provincial Differences in Italy," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 07-065/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Sergio Rey & Brett Montouri, 1999. "US Regional Income Convergence: A Spatial Econometric Perspective," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(2), pages 143-156.
- Daniela Schettini & Carlos R. Azzoni & Antonio Paez, 2011. "Neighborhood and Efficiency in Manufacturing in Brazilian Regions," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 34(4), pages 397-418, October.
- Mark Partridge & Dan Rickman, 1997. "The Dispersion of US State Unemployment Rates: The Role of Market and Non-market Equilibrium Factors," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(6), pages 593-606.
- A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper & E. Rhodes, 1981. "Evaluating Program and Managerial Efficiency: An Application of Data Envelopment Analysis to Program Follow Through," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(6), pages 668-697, June.
- Wendy A. Stock & Kathleen Beegle, 2004. "Employment Protections for Older Workers: Do Disability Discrimination Laws Matter?," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 22(1), pages 111-126, January.
- Kodde, David A & Palm, Franz C, 1986. "Wald Criteria for Jointly Testing Equality and Inequality Restriction s," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(5), pages 1243-1248, September.
- Battese, G E & Coelli, T J, 1995. "A Model for Technical Inefficiency Effects in a Stochastic Frontier Production Function for Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 325-332.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:qualqt:v:52:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11135-016-0455-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Massimiliano Agovino & Agnese Rapposelli, 2017. "Macroeconomic impact of flexicurity on the integration of people with disabilities into the labour market. A two-regime spatial autoregressive analysis," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 51(1), pages 307-334, January.
More about this item
KeywordsDisabled People; Public Policy; Non-Labour Market Discrimination; Stochastic Frontier Approach; Spatial Markov Chain.;
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- J14 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of the Elderly; Economics of the Handicapped; Non-Labor Market Discrimination
- J48 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Particular Labor Markets; Public Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-05-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2013-05-19 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-URE-2013-05-19 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:47038. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.