Bayesian Approach and Identification
The paper aims at systematic placement of identification concept within Bayesian approach. Pointing to some deficiencies of the standard Bayesian language to describe identification problem we propose several useful characterizations that seem to be intuitively sound and attractive given their potential applications. We offer comprehensive interpretations for them. Moreover we introduce the concepts of uniform, marginal and faithful identification. We argue that all these concepts may have practical significance. Our theoretical development is illustrated with a number of simple examples and one real application i.e. Structural VAR model.
|Date of creation:||25 Apr 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Canova, Fabio & Sala, Luca, 2009.
"Back to square one: identification issues in DSGE models,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
7234, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Canova, Fabio & Sala, Luca, 2009. "Back to square one: Identification issues in DSGE models," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(4), pages 431-449, May.
- Fabio Canova & Luca Sala, 2005. "Back to square one: Identification issues in DSGE models," Economics Working Papers 927, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Sep 2006.
- Fabio Canova & Luca Sala, 2006. "Back to Square One: Identification Issues in DSGE Models," Working Papers 303, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Fabio Canova & Luca Sala, 2007. "Back to square one: identification issues in DSGE models," Banco de Espa�a Working Papers 0715, Banco de Espa�a.
- Fabio Canova & Luca Sala, 2006. "Back to square one: identification issues in DSGE models," Computing in Economics and Finance 2006 196, Society for Computational Economics.
- Canova, Fabio & Sala, Luca, 2006. "Back to square one: identification issues in DSGE models," Working Paper Series 0583, European Central Bank.
- Juan F. Rubio-Ramírez & Daniel F.Waggoner & Tao Zha, 2008.
"Structural vector autoregressions: theory of identification and algorithms for inference,"
2008-18, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Juan F. Rubio-Ram�rez & Daniel F. Waggoner & Tao Zha, 2010. "Structural Vector Autoregressions: Theory of Identification and Algorithms for Inference," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 77(2), pages 665-696.
- Bowden, Roger J, 1973. "The Theory of Parametric Identification," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(6), pages 1069-74, November.
- Eric M. Leeper & Tao Zha, 2002.
"Empirical Analysis of Policy Interventions,"
NBER Working Papers
9063, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gustafson, Paul, 2009. "What Are the Limits of Posterior Distributions Arising From Nonidentified Models, and Why Should We Care?," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 104(488), pages 1682-1695.
- Jesús Fernández-Villaverde & Juan F. Rubio-Ramirez & Thomas J. Sargent, 2005.
"A,B,C's (and D's)'s for Understanding VARS,"
172782000000000096, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Jesús Fernández-Villaverde & Juan F. Rubio-Ramirez & Thomas J. Sargent & Mark Watson, 2006. "A,B,C's (and D's)'s for Understanding VARS," Levine's Bibliography 321307000000000646, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Jesús Fernández-Villaverde & Juan Francisco Rubio-Ramírez & Thomas Sargent, 2005. "A, B, C’s, (and D’s) for understanding VARs," Working Paper 2005-09, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Jesus Fernandez-Villaverde & Juan F. Rubio-Ramirez & Thomas J. Sargent, 2005. "A, B, C’s (And D’s) For Understanding VARS," PIER Working Paper Archive 05-018, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Jesus Fernandez-Villaverde & Juan Rubio-Ramirez & Thomas J. Sargent, 2005. "A, B, C's (and D)'s for Understanding VARs," NBER Technical Working Papers 0308, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Abderrahim Oulhaj & Michel Mouchart, 2003. "Partial sufficiency with connection to the identification problem," Metron - International Journal of Statistics, Dipartimento di Statistica, Probabilità e Statistiche Applicate - University of Rome, vol. 0(2), pages 267-283.
- Poirier, Dale J., 1998. "Revising Beliefs In Nonidentified Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(04), pages 483-509, August.
- Ravenna, Federico, 2007.
"Vector autoregressions and reduced form representations of DSGE models,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(7), pages 2048-2064, October.
- Federico Ravenna, 2005. "Vector Autoregressions and Reduced Form Representations of DSGE Models," 2005 Meeting Papers 841, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Federico Ravenna, 2006. "Vector autoregressions and reduced form representations of DSGE models," Banco de Espa�a Working Papers 0619, Banco de Espa�a.
- Christopher A. Sims, 2007. "Thinking about instrumental variables (in Russian)," Quantile, Quantile, issue 2, pages 83-94, March.
- Edward Barankin, 1960. "Sufficient parameters: Solution of the minimal dimensionality problem," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 91-118, June.
- Ríos-Rull, José-Víctor & Schorfheide, Frank & Fuentes-Albero, Cristina & Kryshko, Maxym & Santaeulàlia-Llopis, Raül, 2012. "Methods versus substance: Measuring the effects of technology shocks," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(8), pages 826-846.
- Maddala, G S, 1976. "Weak Priors and Sharp Posteriors in Simultaneous Equation Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(2), pages 345-51, March.
- Aart Kraay, 2012. "Instrumental variables regressions with uncertain exclusion restrictions: a Bayesian approach," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(1), pages 108-128, 01.
- Eric M. Leeper & Christopher A. Sims & Tao Zha, 1996. "What Does Monetary Policy Do?," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 27(2), pages 1-78.
- Cooley, Thomas F. & Dwyer, Mark, 1998. "Business cycle analysis without much theory A look at structural VARs," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 83(1-2), pages 57-88.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:46538. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.