Co-Integration in Write Offs ratios of the world
Microfinance empower low-income individual who are capable of lifting themselves out of poverty if given access to financial services but most of microfinance institutions in the world “charge high rates but not make high returns on account of large credit write-offs”. This paper expects to ponder the association/ co-integration between the write off ratios of microfinance establishments of the globe. Quite many attempts have been observed to investigate the return vs. risk but no one tried to observe the co movements among the risks/ write offs ratios of different countries or region. The data of four regions of the world which include south Asian, African, East Asian Pacific and Latin American regions are taken while 15 Microfinance (MF) banks are opted from each region to interrogate the common trends in their write off ratios. The findings of this paper reveal that the write of ratios of South Asia and Africa MF banks are Co integrated while no common trends in write off ratios are found and observed in the MF banks of South Asian and East Asian regions and as well as South Asian and Latin American regions.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Subhani, Muhammad Imtiaz & Hasan, Syed Akif & Mehar, Dr. Ayub & Osman, Ms. Amber, 2011. "Are the Major South Asian Equity Markets Co-Integrated?," MPRA Paper 34737, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2011.
- Muhammad Imtiaz Subhani & Amber Osman, 2011.
"Better Micro Financers in Pakistan, Banks or Financial Institutions,"
Acta Universitatis Danubius. OEconomica,
Danubius University of Galati, issue 1(1), pages 104-109, March.
- Subhani, Muhammad Imtiaz & Osman, Ms.Amber, 2011. "Better Micro Financers in Pakistan, Banks or Financial Institutions," MPRA Paper 34722, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nargiza Maksudova, 2010. "Macroeconomics of Microfinance: How Do the Channels Work?," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp423, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Mohd Zaini Abd Karim & Sok-Gee Chan & Sallahudin Hassan, 2010. "Bank Efficiency and Non-Performing Loans: Evidence from Malaysia and Singapore," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2010(2), pages 118-132.
- repec:arz:wpaper:eres2006_295 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sadorsky, Perry, 2000. "The empirical relationship between energy futures prices and exchange rates," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 253-266, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:45143. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.