Decomposing European NUTS2 regional inequality from 1980 to 2009: national and European policy implications
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Justin Doran & Declan Jordan, 2013. "Decomposing European NUTS2 regional inequality from 1980 to 2009: National and European policy implications," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 40(1), pages 22-38, January.
References listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Ben Gardiner & Ron Martin & Tyler Peter, 2004. "Competitiveness, Productivity and Economic Growth across the European Regions," ERSA conference papers ersa04p333, European Regional Science Association.
- Krugman, Paul, 1998. "What's New about the New Economic Geography?," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(2), pages 7-17, Summer.
- Robert M. Solow, 1956. "A Contribution to the Theory of Economic Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 70(1), pages 65-94.
- Ron Martin, 2001.
"EMU versus the regions? Regional convergence and divergence in Euroland,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 1(1), pages 51-80, January.
- Ron Martin, 2000. "Emu Versus The Regions? Regional Convergence And Divergence In Euroland," Working Papers wp179, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Marinella Terrasi, 1999. "Convergence and divergence across Italian regions," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 33(4), pages 491-510.
- Young-Bae Kim, 2008. "Is There A Trade-off Between Regional Growth and National Income? Theory and Evidence from the EU," School of Economics Discussion Papers 1008, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Bernard Fingleton & Manfred Fischer, 2010.
"Neoclassical theory versus new economic geography: competing explanations of cross-regional variation in economic development,"
The Annals of Regional Science,
Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 44(3), pages 467-491, June.
- Fingleton, Bernard & Fischer, Manfred M., 2010. "Neoclassical Theory versus New Economic Geography. Competing explanations of cross-regional variation in economic development," MPRA Paper 77554, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Diego Puga, 2002.
"European regional policies in light of recent location theories,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 2(4), pages 373-406, October.
- Puga, Diego, 2001. "European Regional Policies in Light of Recent Location Theories," CEPR Discussion Papers 2767, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michele Boldrin & Fabio Canova, 2001. "Inequality and convergence in Europe's regions: reconsidering European regional policies," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 16(32), pages 205-253, April.
- Bourguignon, Francois, 1979. "Decomposable Income Inequality Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(4), pages 901-920, July.
- Sergio J. Rey & Mark V. Janikas, 2005. "Regional convergence, inequality, and space," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(2), pages 155-176, April.
- Aadne Cappelen & Fulvio Castellacci & Jan Fagerberg & Bart Verspagen, 2003. "The Impact of EU Regional Support on Growth and Convergence in the European Union," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41, pages 621-644, September.
- Martin, Philippe, 1999. "Public policies, regional inequalities and growth," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 85-105, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gluschenko, Konstantin, 2015.
"‘Williamson’s Fallacy’ in Estimation of Inter-Regional Inequality,"
71075, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 03 May 2016.
- Gluschenko, Konstantin, 2015. "‘Williamson’s Fallacy’ in Estimation of Inter-Regional Inequality," MPRA Paper 68019, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Elena Lasarte & Miguel Angel Marquez Paniagua, 2014. "Decomposition of Regional Income Inequality and Neighborhood Component: A Spatial Theil Index," Working Papers. Serie EC 2014-03, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Catarina Moura e Sa Cardoso & Geetha Ravishankar, 2015. "Productivity growth and convergence: a stochastic frontier analysis," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 42(2), pages 224-236, May.
- repec:eee:regeco:v:68:y:2018:i:c:p:260-267 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sorin GRIGORAS, 2014. "Sustainable Development Focused on Reducing Regional Inequalities. Romania Progression as Emergent Economy," Economics and Applied Informatics, "Dunarea de Jos" University of Galati, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, issue 2, pages 47-56.
More about this item
KeywordsEurope; Convergence; Cohesion Policy;
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- R10 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-03-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-EUR-2013-03-16 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-GEO-2013-03-16 (Economic Geography)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:44805. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .