Crisis and methodology: some heterodox misunderstandings
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Roger E. Backhouse & Steven G. Medema, 2009. "Retrospectives: On the Definition of Economics," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 23(1), pages 221-233, Winter.
- J. M. Keynes, 1937. "The General Theory of Employment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(2), pages 209-223.
- Weintraub, E. Roy, 1985. "Appraising General Equilibrium Analysis," Economics and Philosophy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(01), pages 23-37, April.
- Tomasson, Gunnar & Bezemer, Dirk J, 2010. "What is the Source of Profit and Interest? A Classical Conundrum Reconsidered," MPRA Paper 20320, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Laidler,David, 1999. "Fabricating the Keynesian Revolution," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521641739.
- Joseph Stiglitz, 2011. "The Failure of Macroeconomics in America," China & World Economy, Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 19(5), pages 17-30, September.
- Sheila C. Dow, 2005. "Axioms and Babylonian thought: a reply," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(3), pages 385-391.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kakarot-Handtke, Egmont, 2003. "How to Get Rid of Demand–Supply–Equilibrium for Good," MPRA Paper 46917, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kakarot-Handtke, Egmont, 2013. "Toolism! A Critique of Econophysics," MPRA Paper 46630, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kakarot-Handtke, Egmont, 2013. "Understanding Profit and the Markets: The Canonical Model," MPRA Paper 48691, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsfinancial crisis; intellectual crisis; power of ideas; material consistency; logical consistency; determinism; deductive method; failure of reason; common sense; domain of economics; Cournot’s Unfitness Proposition;
- B10 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - General
- B20 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - General
- B41 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - Economic Methodology
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-01-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-HME-2013-01-07 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-HPE-2013-01-07 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-PKE-2013-01-07 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:43260. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.