Why Post Keynesianism is not yet a science
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kakarot-Handtke, Egmont, 2011. "Reconstructing the Quantity Theory (I)," MPRA Paper 32421, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- F. A. Lutz, 1938. "The Outcome of the Saving-Investment Discussion," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 52(4), pages 588-614.
- Gerschenkron, Alexander, 1969. "History of Economic Doctrines and Economic History," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(2), pages 1-17, May.
- Tomasson, Gunnar & Bezemer, Dirk J, 2010. "What is the Source of Profit and Interest? A Classical Conundrum Reconsidered," MPRA Paper 20320, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- A. P. Lerner, 1938. "Saving Equals Investment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 52(2), pages 297-309.
- Marek Hudik, 2011. "Why economics is not a science of behaviour," Journal of Economic Methodology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(2), pages 147-162.
- Egmont Kakarot-Handtke, 2013.
"The Emergence of Profit and Interest in the Monetary Circuit,"
World Economic Review,
World Economics Association, vol. 2013(2), pages 106-106, February.
- Kakarot-Handtke, Egmont, 2012. "The emergence of profit and interest in the monetary circuit," MPRA Paper 43241, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Laidler,David, 1999. "Fabricating the Keynesian Revolution," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521641739, August.
- Roy J. Rotheim, 1981. "Keynes' Monetary Theory of Value (1933)," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(4), pages 568-585, July.
- Eichner, Alfred S & Kregel, J A, 1975. "An Essay on Post-Keynesian Theory: A New Paradigm in Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 13(4), pages 1293-1314, December.
- Kakarot-Handtke, Egmont, 2011. "Squaring the investment cycle," MPRA Paper 32895, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sheila C. Dow, 2005. "Axioms and Babylonian thought: a reply," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(3), pages 385-391.
- Kakarot-Handtke, Egmont, 2011. "Primary and secondary markets," MPRA Paper 32996, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David Colander, 1995. "Marshallian General Equilibrium Analysis," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 21(3), pages 281-293, Summer.
- Egmont Kakarot-Handtke, 2012.
"The Common Error of Common Sense: An Essential Rectification of the Accounting Approach,"
Economics Working Paper Archive
wp_731, Levy Economics Institute.
- Kakarot-Handtke, Egmont, 2012. "The common error of common sense: an essential rectification of the accounting approach," MPRA Paper 43196, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- T.A. Boylan & P.F. O'Gorman, 2007. "Axiomatization And Formalism In Economics," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(3), pages 426-446, July.
- Coddington, Alan, 1976. "Keynesian Economics: The Search for First Principles," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 14(4), pages 1258-1273, December.
More about this item
Keywordsnew framework of concepts; structure-centric; axiom set; consistency; Post Keynesian hard core; logical rigor; loose verbal reasoning; hypothetico-deductive method; profit; retained profit; saving; general complementarity; IS-fallacy;
- E12 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Keynes; Keynesian; Post-Keynesian
- B22 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Macroeconomics
- B41 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - Economic Methodology
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-12-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-HME-2012-12-22 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-HPE-2012-12-22 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2012-12-22 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-PKE-2012-12-22 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:43171. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .