Why Post Keynesianism is not yet a science
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kakarot-Handtke, Egmont, 2011. "Reconstructing the Quantity Theory (I)," MPRA Paper 32421, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- F. A. Lutz, 1938. "The Outcome of the Saving-Investment Discussion," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 52(4), pages 588-614.
- Gerschenkron, Alexander, 1969. "History of Economic Doctrines and Economic History," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(2), pages 1-17, May.
- Tomasson, Gunnar & Bezemer, Dirk J, 2010. "What is the Source of Profit and Interest? A Classical Conundrum Reconsidered," MPRA Paper 20320, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- A. P. Lerner, 1938. "Saving Equals Investment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 52(2), pages 297-309.
- Marek Hudik, 2011. "Why economics is not a science of behaviour," Journal of Economic Methodology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(2), pages 147-162.
- Egmont Kakarot-Handtke, 2013.
"The Emergence of Profit and Interest in the Monetary Circuit,"
World Economic Review,
World Economics Association, vol. 2013(2), pages 106-106, February.
- Kakarot-Handtke, Egmont, 2012. "The emergence of profit and interest in the monetary circuit," MPRA Paper 43241, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Laidler,David, 1999. "Fabricating the Keynesian Revolution," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521641739.
- Roy J. Rotheim, 1981. "Keynes' Monetary Theory of Value (1933)," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(4), pages 568-585, July.
- Eichner, Alfred S & Kregel, J A, 1975. "An Essay on Post-Keynesian Theory: A New Paradigm in Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 13(4), pages 1293-1314, December.
- Kakarot-Handtke, Egmont, 2011. "Squaring the investment cycle," MPRA Paper 32895, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sheila C. Dow, 2005. "Axioms and Babylonian thought: a reply," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(3), pages 385-391.
- Kakarot-Handtke, Egmont, 2011. "Primary and secondary markets," MPRA Paper 32996, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David Colander, 1995. "Marshallian General Equilibrium Analysis," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 21(3), pages 281-293, Summer.
- Egmont Kakarot-Handtke, 2012.
"The Common Error of Common Sense: An Essential Rectification of the Accounting Approach,"
Economics Working Paper Archive
wp_731, Levy Economics Institute.
- Kakarot-Handtke, Egmont, 2012. "The common error of common sense: an essential rectification of the accounting approach," MPRA Paper 43196, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- T.A. Boylan & P.F. O'Gorman, 2007. "Axiomatization And Formalism In Economics," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(3), pages 426-446, July.
- Coddington, Alan, 1976. "Keynesian Economics: The Search for First Principles," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 14(4), pages 1258-1273, December.
More about this item
Keywordsnew framework of concepts; structure-centric; axiom set; consistency; Post Keynesian hard core; logical rigor; loose verbal reasoning; hypothetico-deductive method; profit; retained profit; saving; general complementarity; IS-fallacy;
- E12 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Keynes; Keynesian; Post-Keynesian
- B22 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Macroeconomics
- B41 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - Economic Methodology
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-12-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-HME-2012-12-22 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-HPE-2012-12-22 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2012-12-22 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-PKE-2012-12-22 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:43171. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.