Probability and social science : methodologial relationships between the two approaches ?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Heckman, James & Singer, Burton, 1984. "A Method for Minimizing the Impact of Distributional Assumptions in Econometric Models for Duration Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(2), pages 271-320, March.
- David R. Bellhouse, 2011. "A new look at Halley's life table," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 174(3), pages 823-832, July.
- Bateman, Bradley W., 1987. "Keynes's Changing Conception of Probability," Economics and Philosophy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(01), pages 97-119, April.
- Ayton, Peter, 1997. "How to Be IncoherentandSeductive: Bookmakers' Odds and Support Theory," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 99-115, October.
- repec:cai:popine:popu_p1957_12n1_0142 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Heckman, James J. & Singer, Burton, 1984. "Econometric duration analysis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 63-132.
- repec:cai:popine:popu_p1991_46n1_0104 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hanson T. & Johnson W.O., 2002. "Modeling Regression Error With a Mixture of Polya Trees," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 97, pages 1020-1033, December.
- repec:cai:poeine:pope_1001_0117 is not listed on IDEAS
- Grether, David M & Plott, Charles R, 1979.
"Economic Theory of Choice and the Preference Reversal Phenomenon,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 69(4), pages 623-638, September.
- Grether, David M. & Plott, Charles R., "undated". "Economic Theory of Choice and the Preference Reversal Phenomenon," Working Papers 152, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Courgeau, Daniel, 2007. "Multilevel synthesis. From the group to the individual," MPRA Paper 43189, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cribari-Neto, Francisco & Zarkos, Spyros G, 1999. "R: Yet Another Econometric Programming Environment," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(3), pages 319-329, May-June.
- Milton Friedman & L. J. Savage, 1948. "The Utility Analysis of Choices Involving Risk," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 56, pages 279-279.
- Hooten, Mevin B. & Wikle, Christopher K., 2010. "Statistical Agent-Based Models for Discrete Spatio-Temporal Systems," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 105(489), pages 236-248.
- Henri Caussinus & Daniel Courgeau, 2010. "Estimer l'âge sans le mesurer en paléodémographie," Population (french edition), Institut National d'Études Démographiques (INED), vol. 65(1), pages 117-145.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jakub Bijak & Daniel Courgeau & Eric Silverman & Robert Franck, 2014. "Quantifying paradigm change in demography," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 30(32), pages 911-924, March.
- Jakub Bijak & Jason Hilton & Eric Silverman & Viet Dung Cao, 2013. "Reforging the Wedding Ring," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 29(27), pages 729-766, October.
- Isaac Sasson, 2016. "Trends in Life Expectancy and Lifespan Variation by Educational Attainment: United States, 1990–2010," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 53(2), pages 269-293, April.
More about this item
KeywordsProbability; Population sciences; Philosophy of science; Social science;
- B0 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - General
- C0 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General
- B30 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought: Individuals - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-12-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2012-12-15 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HME-2012-12-15 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-HPE-2012-12-15 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:43102. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.