Does innovation (really) matter for success? The case of an IT Consulting Firm
The paper discusses to what extent innovation is a crucial variable in explaining the success of NOVABASE, a Portuguese IT consultancy firm. In order to proceed with this discussion, the evolution of NOVABASE is described, emphasizing the most important steps in the firm’s trajectory, which are shown to result from the joint influences of upstream technological change, downstream market opportunities, and the firm’s strategic options. Then, the paper reviews some contributions stemming form studies of innovation in services, building on these to form the framework of analysis used in the empirical research. The main results of the empirical work are then presented, leading to the discussion of the possible answers to the question in title.
|Date of creation:||2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jon Sundbo & Faïz Gallouj, 2000.
"Innovation as a loosely coupled system in services,"
- Jon Sundbo & Faïz Gallouj, 2000. "Innovation as a loosely coupled system in services," Post-Print halshs-01114106, HAL.
- Jon Sundbo & Faïz Gallouj, 1998. "Innovation as a loosely coupled system in services," Post-Print halshs-01113675, HAL.
- Faïz Gallouj & Olivier Weinstein, 1997.
"Innovation in services,"
- Faïz Gallouj, 1998. "Innovating in reverse: services and the reverse product cycle," Post-Print halshs-01114103, HAL.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:3999. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.