Revisiting Health and Income Inequality Relationship:Evidence from Developing Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gimet, Céline & Lagoarde-Segot, Thomas, 2011.
"A closer look at financial development and income distribution,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 1698-1713, July.
- Céline Gimet & Thomas Lagoarde-Segot, 2011. "A closer look at financial development and income distribution," Post-Print halshs-00564641, HAL.
- Céline Gimet & Thomas Lagoarde-Segot, 2011. "A closer look at financial development and income distribution," Working Papers 1104, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique Lyon St-Étienne (GATE Lyon St-Étienne), Université de Lyon.
- Wilkinson, Richard G & Pickett, Kate E., 2006. "Income inequality and population health: A review and explanation of the evidence," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 62(7), pages 1768-1784, April.
- Jeffrey M Wooldridge, 2010.
"Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 2, volume 1, number 0262232588, January.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2001. "Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262232197, January.
- T. S. Breusch & A. R. Pagan, 1980.
"The Lagrange Multiplier Test and its Applications to Model Specification in Econometrics,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 47(1), pages 239-253.
- Breusch, T.S. & Pagan, A.R., 1980. "The Lagrange multiplier test and its applications to model specification in econometrics," CORE Discussion Papers RP 412, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Leigh, Andrew & Jencks, Christopher, 2007.
"Inequality and mortality: Long-run evidence from a panel of countries,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 1-24, January.
- Leigh, Andrew & Jencks, Christopher, 2006. "Inequality and Mortality: Long-Run Evidence from a Panel of Countries," Working Paper Series rwp06-032, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Andrew Leigh & Christopher Jencks, 2006. "Inequality and Mortality: Long-Run Evidence from a Panel of Countries," CEPR Discussion Papers 533, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Babones, Salvatore J., 2008. "Income inequality and population health: Correlation and causality," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(7), pages 1614-1626, April.
- Gravelle, Hugh & Wildman, John & Sutton, Matthew, 2002.
"Income, income inequality and health: what can we learn from aggregate data?,"
Social Science & Medicine,
Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 577-589, February.
- Hugh Gravelle & John Wildman & Matthew Sutton, "undated". "Income, Income Inequality and Health: What can we Learn from Aggregate Data?," Discussion Papers 00/26, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Jennifer M. Mellor & Jeffrey Milyo, 2002.
"Income Inequality and Health Status in the United States: Evidence from the Current Population Survey,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 37(3), pages 510-539.
- Jennifer Mellor & Jeffrey Milyo, 1998. "Income Inequality and Health Status in the United States: Evidence From the Current Population Survey," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 9815, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Jennifer M. Mellor & Jeffrey D. Milyo, 2001. "Income inequality and health," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(1), pages 151-155.
- Meschi, Elena & Vivarelli, Marco, 2009. "Trade and Income Inequality in Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 287-302, February.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Wu, Ping X., 1999. "Unequally Spaced Panel Data Regressions With Ar(1) Disturbances," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(06), pages 814-823, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elnaz Hajebi & Mohammad Javad Razmi, 2014. "Effect Of Income Inequality On Health Status In A Selection Of Middle And Low Income Countries," Equilibrium. Quarterly Journal of Economics and Economic Policy, Institute of Economic Research, vol. 9(4), pages 133-152, December.
More about this item
KeywordsHealth; Fixed Effects; Income Inequality; Random Effects;
- I0 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - General
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- N3 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy
- O50 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:39766. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .