Top income shares and mortality: Evidence from advanced countries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Petri Böckerman, 2013. "Top Income Shares and Mortality: Evidence from Advanced Countries," Journal of Income Distribution, Journal of Income Distribution, vol. 22(1), pages 57-69, March.
- Petri Böckerman, 2010. "Top Income Shares and Mortality: Evidence from Advanced Countries," Working Papers 1080, University of Tampere, School of Management, Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2008.134940_6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vincent Hildebrand & Philippe Kerm, 2009.
"Income inequality and self-rated health status: Evidence from the european community household panel,"
Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 46(4), pages 805-825, November.
- Hildebrand, Vincent & Van Kerm, Philippe, 2005. "Income inequality and self-rated health status: Evidence from the European Community Household Panel," IRISS Working Paper Series 2005-01, IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD.
- Vincent Hildebrand & Philippe Van Kerm, 2005. "Income Inequality and Self-Rated Health Status: Evidence from the European Community Household Panel," Social and Economic Dimensions of an Aging Population Research Papers 127, McMaster University.
- Ulf-G. Gerdtham & Magnus Johannesson, 2004. "Absolute Income, Relative Income, Income Inequality, and Mortality," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 39(1).
- Sarah Voitchovsky, 2005.
"Does the Profile of Income Inequality Matter for Economic Growth?,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 273-296, September.
- Sarah Voitchovsky, 2003. "Does the Profile of Income Inequality Matter for Economic Growth?," LIS Working papers 354, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Wilkinson, Richard G & Pickett, Kate E., 2006. "Income inequality and population health: A review and explanation of the evidence," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 62(7), pages 1768-1784, April.
- Leigh, Andrew & Jencks, Christopher, 2007.
"Inequality and mortality: Long-run evidence from a panel of countries,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 1-24, January.
- Leigh, Andrew & Jencks, Christopher, 2006. "Inequality and Mortality: Long-Run Evidence from a Panel of Countries," Working Paper Series rwp06-032, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Andrew Leigh & Christopher Jencks, 2006. "Inequality and Mortality: Long-Run Evidence from a Panel of Countries," CEPR Discussion Papers 533, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Eckel, Catherine C. & Grossman, Philip J., 2008. "Differences in the Economic Decisions of Men and Women: Experimental Evidence," Handbook of Experimental Economics Results, Elsevier.
- Andrew Leigh, 2007.
"How Closely Do Top Income Shares Track Other Measures of Inequality?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 117(524), pages 619-633, November.
- Andrew Leigh, 2007. "How Closely Do Top Income Shares Track Other Measures of Inequality?," CEPR Discussion Papers 562, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Böckerman, Petri & Johansson, Edvard & Helakorpi, Satu & Uutela, Antti, 2007.
"Economic Inequality and Health: Looking Beyond Aggregate Indicators,"
5640, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Böckerman, Petri & Johansson, Edvard & Helakorpi, Satu & Uutela, Antti, 2007. "Economic Inequality and Health: Looking Beyond Aggregate Indicators," Discussion Papers 1104, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Robert J. Waldmann, 1992. "Income Distribution and Infant Mortality," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(4), pages 1283-1302.
- Roine, Jesper & Vlachos, Jonas & Waldenström, Daniel, 2009.
"The long-run determinants of inequality: What can we learn from top income data?,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 93(7-8), pages 974-988, August.
- Roine, Jesper & Vlachos, Jonas & Waldenström, Daniel, 2007. "The Long-run Determinants of Inequality: What Can We Learn from Top Income Data?," Working Paper Series 721, Research Institute of Industrial Economics, revised 01 Apr 2009.
- Babones, Salvatore J., 2008. "Income inequality and population health: Correlation and causality," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(7), pages 1614-1626, April.
- Gravelle, Hugh & Wildman, John & Sutton, Matthew, 2002.
"Income, income inequality and health: what can we learn from aggregate data?,"
Social Science & Medicine,
Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 577-589, February.
- Hugh Gravelle & John Wildman & Matthew Sutton, "undated". "Income, Income Inequality and Health: What can we Learn from Aggregate Data?," Discussion Papers 00/26, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Emmanuel Saez, 2005. "Top Incomes in the United States and Canada Over the Twentieth Century," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 3(2-3), pages 402-411, 04/05.
- Atkinson, A. B. & Piketty, Thomas (ed.), 2010. "Top Incomes: A Global Perspective," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199286898.
- Paula K. Lorgelly & Joanne Lindley, 2008. "What is the relationship between income inequality and health? Evidence from the BHPS," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(2), pages 249-265.
- Andrea Brandolini & Anthony B. Atkinson, 2001. "Promise and Pitfalls in the Use of "Secondary" Data-Sets: Income Inequality in OECD Countries As a Case Study," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(3), pages 771-799, September.
More about this item
Keywordsincome inequality; top income shares; mortality;
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
- N30 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - General, International, or Comparative
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:19970. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .