Unravelling the anatomy of legal corruption in India: Focusing on the ‘honest graft’ by the politicians
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Aidt, Toke & Dutta, Jayasri & Sena, Vania, 2008.
"Governance regimes, corruption and growth: Theory and evidence,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 195-220, June.
- Toke Aidt & Jayasri Dutta & Vania Sena, 2006. "Governance Regimes, Corruption and Growth: Theory and Evidence," Discussion Papers 15_2006, D.E.S. (Department of Economic Studies), University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
- James E. Alt & David Dreyer Lassen, 2002. "The Political Economy of Institutions and Corruption in American States," EPRU Working Paper Series 02-16, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Sambit Bhattacharyya & Raghbendra Jha, 2013.
"Economic Growth, Law, and Corruption: Evidence from India,"
Comparative Economic Studies,
Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 55(2), pages 287-313, June.
- Sambit Bhattacharyya & Raghbendra Jha, 2009. "Economic Growth, Law and Corruption: Evidence from India," ASARC Working Papers 2009-15, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- Lessmann, Christian & Markwardt, Gunther, 2010.
"One Size Fits All? Decentralization, Corruption, and the Monitoring of Bureaucrats,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 631-646, April.
- Lessmann, Christian & Markwardt, Gunther, 2008. "One size fits all? Decentralization, corruption, and the monitoring of bureaucrats," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 14/08, Technische Universität Dresden, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- Christian Leßmann & Gunther Markwardt, 2009. "One Size Fits All? Decentralization, Corruption, and the Monitoring of Bureaucrats," CESifo Working Paper Series 2662, CESifo Group Munich.
- Pethe, Abhay & Gandhi, Sahil & Tandel, Vaidehi, 2011. "Assessing the Mumbai metropolitan region: a governance perspective," MPRA Paper 39354, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pierre-Guillaume Méon & Khalid Sekkat, 2005.
"Does corruption grease or sand the wheels of growth?,"
Springer, vol. 122(1), pages 69-97, January.
- Pierre-Guillaume Méon & Khalid Sekkat, 2005. "Does corruption grease or sand the wheels of growth?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/7364, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Naved Ahmad & Oscar Brookins, 2004. "On Corruption and Countervailing Actions in Three South Asian Nations," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(1), pages 21-30.
More about this item
KeywordsCorruption; asymmetric and private information; private gains;
- D73 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Bureaucracy; Administrative Processes in Public Organizations; Corruption
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- K42 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Illegal Behavior and the Enforcement of Law
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-06-25 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:39306. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .