What affects the most to the recall and recognition of brand symbols?
Recall and Recognition, two important aspects when one talks about advertising and consumers awareness towards the brands. This study has mainly been focused on the brand symbols and its importance in the mind of the consumers. Does a brand symbol really play a role of differentiating a brand from another and how well it gets associated with the consumer? Questions like these are well-answered in this research. 250 respondents from the largest city of Pakistan i.e. Karachi were handed over a questionnaire on 18 brand symbols on an un-restricted non-probability sampling criteria. Education, age and gender are the focus of this study predicting the recall and recognition of the brand symbols. Consumer behavior entails variations towards selection of brand and the change in behavior is mostly due to brand recall and not recognition, which was found by testing the variables through multiple linear regressions (OLS-Model). It was of interest to find that except of gender, there is no association found between recognition of brand symbols and the said variables. Age has positive impact on recall of brand symbols and education has negative impact on recall of brand symbols. Furthermore, gender plays no role in predicting the recall and but somehow associated with recognition of brand symbols.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Moore, Karl & Reid, Susan, 2008. "The Birth of Brand: 4000 Years of Branding History," MPRA Paper 10169, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Subhani, Muhammad Imtiaz & Osman, Ms. Amber, 2011.
"A study on the association between brand awareness and consumer/brand loyalty for the packaged milk industry in Pakistan,"
34801, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Muhammad Imtiaz Subhani & Amber Osman, 2011. "A Study on the Association between Brand Awareness and Consumer/Brand Loyalty for the Packaged Milk Industry in Pakistan," South Asian Journal of Management Sciences (SAJMS), Iqra University, Office of Research, Innovation & Commercialization (ORIC), Iqra University, vol. 5(1), pages 11-12, Spring.
- Subhani, Muhammad Imtiaz & Osman, Ms.Amber, 2009. "A Study On The Association Between Brand Awareness And Consumer/Brand Loyalty For The Packaged Milk Industry In Pakistan," MPRA Paper 21367, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 12 Sep 2009.
- Karl Moore & Susan Reid, 2008. "The birth of brand: 4000 years of branding," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(4), pages 419-432.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:39098. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.